“why is this hotel rated 2 1/2 stars”

Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Eugene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Salem
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The only thing negative I have to say is that the hotel and the rooms, blankets, bedspreads were very dated. However everything appeared to be quite clean including NEW carpeting and the staff was wonderful. This was the only hotel I could find in Eugene that welcomed my FOUR dogs with open arms!! A very refreshing change from the norm. They didn't even restrict dog size (2 of mine are over 100 lbs)! It was such a relief to find a nice place to stay that welcomed my ENTIRE family!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will share this review with the staff. We hope you will stay with us again.
Clarkston, Washington
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hotel room was ok. Bed was comfy. Room could use some tlc. Sink would not drain. The stopper was in the down position and stuck. But it was a double sink so we used the other one. Hotel was quiet and clean. Don't bother with their breakfast, not worth it. Staff was amazing. Very nice. Very polite and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize about the sink stopper not working properly in the room you were in. I have spoken with maintenance about this issue and we are fixing it. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the breakfast we offer. We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and I would love some additional feedback on what you would like us to add to our breakfast. I will pass on your nice words about the staff to them. We hope to see you again in the future.