“ASPIRE conference”

Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good accommodation. Would stay again. A little loud before game day. Also, 100 character review is a little much as this is not mandatory and a favor to you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I greatly appreciate the feedback you have provided about your recent stay. I am glad you had a good experience and would stay with us again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

There was some sort of random sludge on our chair in the room. Other than that, we had a great stay and appreciated the friendliness of the staff both during phone reservations, check-in, check-out and beyond (literally, we had to come back for lost items and the staff were all very nice and helpful).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issue you had with your chair and I will speak with housekeeping about it. I am so happy to hear you had a good experience with our staff. I will pass on the comments to them. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The room was just fine for the price and I would stay there again, now that we know HOW to get there. If coming from the North, the directions on the website are WRONG. When I called, after at least 1/2 hour going in circles, we were helped, very easily, by the front desk rep. He apologized and was very nice. He did admit that they knew the directions were wrong but had never been changed.The next morning we learned that our other map was wrong and the morning staff helped me happily get a new map. That was a relief.

The issues we had in the room were that the ironing board had to be put back together by my husband so we could use it. The bolt fell out as soon as we opened it up.

The shower curtain rod was actually dangling from the wall mount. Thankfully we all got our showers before it fell, but the floor got a little wet.

Room Tip: do no use the directions from the website, print your own!
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LadyWombat1216

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you had with your room as well as the directions to the hotel. One of the freeway exits off of I-5 has been closed for some time which means travelers have to be re-routed to another exit. The majority of the online web sites do have correct directions. There is only one I could find that still directs people to the incorrect freeway exit. I have contacted them multiple times to get this taken care of and have just done so again after receiving this review. I will be speaking with our maintenance department about the issues you had in your room to ensure they have been taken care of. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, good location if your going to an event. Upon arrival into room appearence was nice. Then we started using things. Air conditioner wasn't working when we arrived, ice bucket was filthy when we went to use it, when my dad sat down on the bed the picture hanging above the bed fell down and hit him in the head, the power sockets were poorly put in and one was completely broke, because of the issues in the room they moved us to another room. The new room was freshly cleaned, they made sure the pictures and hanging features were secure, and everything was ok to their standards. Everything was ok in the new room just a few minor things like: holes in the ceiling above curtain(in both rooms), when I went to turn on the light behind couch bulb was no good(they quickly replaced) ,blankets were itchy, and the pillows felt like they were just stuffed with cotton balls. I would reccomend upper, upper management to come take a look at the rooms and fix the minor things one might look past, hire an interior decorator to help rooms look nicer and more functional (i mean a coffee pot doesn't belong next to the sink where you wash your hands), add a nice (fake) plant on top of the TV armoire, and a long wall mirror by the closet space for some decoration. Make it standard for each room to have its own mini-fridge and microwave, and get rid of the dated bed spread.

If these things get fixed you'd have a great facility with awesome staff that has great customer service.

One more thing is to up-date your ammenities online because there is no hot tub on premises, but the in room jacuzzi tubs are nice.

• Stayed: September 2012
Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for the review of our property. It is always nice to get feedback from our guests.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The one thing that this property has going for it is the absolute cheerfulness of the staff. All of my interactions with them were very pleasant.

However, the furnishings in the room left a lot to be desired. The head of the bed had no support, so we actually turned around and slept the opposite way with our heads at the foot of the bed, just so we wouldn't sleep with our feet above our heads. Also, the TV was old and had several patches of discoloration; and it couldn't be turned on with the remote. The other furnishings in the room were utilitarian.

Slept rather fitfully, but we were only there for one night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. While I am happy to hear our staff was pleasant, I am so sorry about the issues you had. We are in the process of replacing our televisions to newer, larger ones and have also been replacing mattresses. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We needed a room for one night near Autzen Stadium and this hotel fit the bill fine. Desk clerk was welcoming when I checked in. I had requested a room in the newer building and he gave us one. Room was basic and clean. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine. Liked the idea that the window opened as the air conditioner did not work properly as the knob was broken off.

Breakfast options was biscuits, gravy, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice and cereal as well as many bread, bagel and muffin options.

Would stay here again if looking for just the basics.

Room Tip: ask for east building
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abram797
Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We work hard to ensure our hotel is clean and comfortable and I am happy that was your experience. I will speak with maintenance about the issue you had with your AC unit so we can make sure it has been taken care of. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Positives: Close to Autzen Stadium and Matthew Knight Arena. Friendly staff. Very close to campus.

Negatives: If you are looking for an upscale hotel this is not for you. Expect a decent place to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is great to get feedback from our guests. I am happy you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff. We would love to have you stay with us again.