Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University
  • Restaurant
66 Motel(Eugene)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskacross the streetroom was cleanmatthew knight arenanothing fancya great stayperfect locationwould definitely stay here againplace to staygreat roomthe breakfast areaautzen stadiumoatmealtamarauniversityisaiahstopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here for Olympic Track Trials and thus paid a crazy rate, hotel is what you would expect for a Days Inn at their normal rate. Rooms clean, very nice staff, but many small maintenance issues they could easily fix (broken outlet plate, faucet handle and towel rod nearly coming off, dripping shower faucet). Great location near track and campus; running trails nearly right out the door.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for the review of your stay with us. I will speak with our maintenance staff about the issues you encountered. We work hard to make sure everything is maintained in the rooms and I am sorry that was not your experience. While it sounds like there were a few “small” issues I am glad you enjoyed our great location, clean rooms, and nice staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have two sons at UO, and 1 graduated on June 18th. I made the reservation the year before, knowing it was going to be a crowded week with Olympic Trials and graduation. I REQUESTED A SPECIFIC ROOM ON THE THE THIRD FLOOR, ON THE QUIET SIDE, AND GOT THAT ROOM.
The check in was was smooth, the stay was excellent, and the front desk even provided discount coupons for a nearby restaurant. The room is very large, the bed is fine, housekeeping fast and unobtrusive. And the price was great. I stay here 3 - 4 times a year moving/visiting the boys, and it's the only place to stay in Eugene - location , price and staff make this easy.

Room Tip: Ask for the new building on the the back (river) side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. The staff here works hard to ensure all of our guests have a great stay and I am so happy that has been your continued experience. I am glad your stay was “excellent”. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed there for Spring Break and the PAC 12 championships.
The rooms were clean though the back building was newer.
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
I will come back again.

Room Tip: The back building is better because you can open your window at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I came in new years eve looking for a room and the staff was very friendly. Right away the two ladies working made me feel like I was already a guest. I got a good clean room in a awasome location and friendly staff... what more could a guy ask for. I will be returning to this days inn everytime im in town. Thanks

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Max R
Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always great to hear from our guests. Our staff works hard to ensure all of our guests have a great stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I just stayed there with our three year old son while visiting family for the holidays. It was so relaxing, comfy, and cozy to come back to in the evening. I travel a lot for work and stay in so many hotels -- this was way better than a lot of hotels I've stayed in for a few reasons.

First, the room was great (and affordable!), with a comfortable bed and nice view but even better than that was a lot of the smaller things I noticed that some other hotels are not as on top of:

1) Very friendly front desk staff
2) They wrote the free internet access code on my key envelope when I checked in - so I didn't have to call the front desk after getting to my room!
3) Awesome water pressure / hot water for all three showers for our family!
4) TV remote was easy to find! (LOL)
5) Yummy continental breakfast.

And the location is awesome - I am from Eugene and I can tell you -- it is hard to get a nice room so close in at a good rate! Right across from the University and very near downtown and the rest of the city.

Room Tip: If you want a view -- the rooms facing north are a good option.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebekah W

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on having a clean, comfortable hotel with a fantastic staff. I am so glad to hear this was your experience. We hope you will stay with us in the future,