“my 3night stay in Eugene Days Inn”

Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I arrived in the middle of the night.after a very long trip from the east coast. 3:30 am. Walked in and got help immediately. I was in my room within 10 mins. the rest of the stay was very good .day break breakfast was only ok. but did the trick to get you up and out the door with something in your stomach. the staff at the eugene days inn were great .helpful and nice. If I were to go back to this area I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for the new building. I did not stay their but it looked nicer then the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on having a clean, comfortable hotel with a fantastic staff and I am pleased that was your experience. We are looking at changes to our breakfast offerings in the coming months. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

This place was clean and the mattress and bedding were what we have come to expect. We have paid much more and gotten far less. They did everything necessary to accommodate us, helping with a special request. The location is great and the price is fabulous. The breakfast had all we needed in a pleasant atmosphere. I cannot post pictures of the imperfections I might have searched for as I don't have time for this after staying in an inexpensive motel. There may have been some slight flaws, but I will stay here again in the future because I know what to expect when I pay under fifty dollars for a motel stay. Thanks for a nice visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We work hard to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. We pride ourselves on having very clean rooms and a great staff. We have been running some special fall rates and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of this. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Being an experienced “Budget Traveler”, I am very aware that sometimes paying a lower price means you have to sacrifice certain luxuries that are found in the more expensive hotels and motels. However, I am also aware that with all of the competition out there between moderately priced lodging, I know that there are many chains that offer comfort and cleanliness even at a lower price because, well, they want to survive and maintain a customer base. My recent stay at the Days Inn in Eugene, Oregon, proved to be an experience of a chain hotel not following the model of what they promise.

The Days Inn Hotel & Suites is a moderately priced hotel that claims to offer a clean and comfortable stay. My experience was unfortunately on of the lower-end of the spectrum of a functioning and clean room.

Here is my list of good and bad.

Good

1. Location, close to University of Oregon, public transportation, supermarket, restaurants.
2. Low price
3. Polite Staff (but ineffective)
4. They offer a free (but low quality, cereal and coffee) breakfast in the morning.
5. Free Parking
6. Free daily newspaper

Bad

1. Outdated décor
2. Uncomfortable bed (hard as a rock)
3. Bizarre Room Key (easy to lose)
4. Room not 100% clean (more like 40%)
5. Did not get turn down service the next day.
6. Bathroom sink drain plug broken
7. Coffee pot was dirty and smelled odd
8. Sheets and comforter were itchy
9. Room smelled bizarre
10. There was a hole in the wall partially covered by a piece of glued on wallpaper
11. The bathroom fan was louder than a Jerry Bruckheimer film and did not work.

I know that paying a lower price sometimes means that you do not get everything you want but I have stayed in several of their competing hotels that was the same price and had a great stay so I know that you can still offer good accommodations at a low price. Normally, I would switch rooms but they unfortunately were all like this. The front desk staff was nice but they were young students who clearly had no power in what happened in the hotel. At one point, I decided to leave the room and go for a walk but that proved uncomfortable as well since both nights, there were groups of drunk college students wreaking havoc in the area which made for a fearful walk for this single lady traveler. Over my travel life, I have stayed at worst places but what is most disappointing is that this is a major chain that promises a clean and comfortable stay so I would like to think I can trust what I am being told when I hand over my hard earned money. This will just be one hotel that I will cross off my list as places I will not return to. If you are visiting Eugene for a weekend I would advise you to spend the extra $10 a night and stay at one of the other competing hotels in the area, you will get a better night’s sleep and a room where everything actually works.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that ends in 214, 216, 314, 316, they are in a creepy location behind an exit door...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal here at the Eugene Days Inn is to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. We work hard to make sure our rooms are clean and everything in them is in good working order. I apologize that was not your experience. Our front desk staff is trained to handle guest issues when we are aware of them and are authorized to compensate guests when we cannot solve their issues.

We are going to be looking at some upgrades to the hotel in the coming months. One of the items we are in the process of replacing is our mattresses. In fact the majority of our mattresses are pillow top and are in good condition. I will speak with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure the issues you had while staying with us do not happen to anyone else in the future. We really do appreciate your feedback because it gives us the opportunity to improve. If you are in the area again we would love for you to give us another chance because I know we can do better. If you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly at (541)284-5255 so I can personally make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

After an initial confusion finding my designated single room was actually occupied the friendly staff quickly upgraded me to a huge double room. I was in town for a course and this hotel was near the site. It was very clean and comfortable. Shuttle from the airport cost $22. Breakfast was good with fruit, a selection of muffins and toasts, coffee, boiled eggs...Good cheap Korean restaurant across the road as well as big supermarket open till midnight. Can also recommend the Indian restaurant, also within walking distance, in direction of the town. Bus into Eugene stops 100 yards away, just across the road.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. I apologize for the initial issues you had during your check-in. I am pleased you found the rest of your stay enjoyable. We work hard to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel and we are so happy this was your experience. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were in Eugene to attend Introducktion @ the Univ. of Or. The hotel staff was helpful and polite. The room was clean, the beds comfortable. On the down side, the first set of towels we had were very thin and scratchy. We were told by housekeeping that they were currently replacing the old towels for new ones (ours got better). Also, wish there had been a fan in the toilet/bath area, and the toilet didn't run. The parking was great and we were in easy walking distance to the UO and right across the street from the Matthew Knight Stadium. The parking situation on campus is dismal at best.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

We are glad to hear you had a good stay with us! It is always great to get feedback from our guests. I will speak with our maintenance department to ensure they are on the lookout for running toilets while doing preventative maintenance. We are working on phasing out our older towels and replacing them with larger fluffier ones. Our rooms always include free parking and it is a huge benefit to anyone coming for the University of Oregon. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We booked a room here due to its proximity to the University. The facility is older and in need of updating, but our room was extremely clean and comfortable. The air conditioning unit was noisy, but we were able to open a large window instead. My son finished his orientation earlier than expected, so we decided to check out and start the long drive home. I called the front office and spoke with Erin. I told her we had booked under a special rate, and did not expect to be reimbursed for the second night. She told me that the housekeeping staff was still on site, so they would be able to clean our room for new occupants, and would be happy to reimburse me for that night. We previously stayed at another hotel nearby that was twice the cost and extremely noisy. We will return to the Days Inn when we next visit Eugene.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank debbir70

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We work hard to accommodate all guest needs and we understand that plans change, especially when travelling. I am glad to hear you took advantage of our “Sleepy Duck” 15% off discount for all University Of Oregon family members.
We are currently working on some upgrades to the property that will hopefully make your next stay even better. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Unfortunately, this hotel was a let down. The only thing satisfyiing about this place was the friendly staff at the front desk. Upon entering the room, we noticed a pretty stuffy smell, and the room was really dated. The biggest letdown was the bathroom. It had mold along the ceiling, the toilet was poorly cleaned, and we could see the ceiling, wires and such through an unfinished light fixture hanging on the ceiling, complete with spiders. A bit pricey for the nothing it has to offer. I do not suggest staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Erynob, Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfying. We pride ourselves on having a clean, comfortable hotel with an fantastic staff.

Please know your feedback is very important to us. Comments like yours help us make the hotel better for all of our guests. I will address the issues with the housekeeping staff to ensure the problems you experienced do not happen again. We are looking at options to update the look of our rooms in the coming months.

If you decide to stay with us again, please ask for me so I can personally see to your reservation to ensure you have an exceptional stay.