“Not Cool”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

So, because of work, I do not get to see my girlfriend that often, However this past Valentines Day we had an opportunity to go out to dinner. We picked Mazzi's.
We were seated within 15 minutes and our service was good. Waited a little long for dinner, but it was busy and it gave us more time together.
If it was not for one thing, the night would have been perfect.
The food was excellent untill my lady pulled a glob of blonde hair from her chicken. We did not make a big deal because they were busy and I know it was not the waitresses fault. But the meal was ruined and we will never return

5  Thank LArry R
Frank-Owner, Owner at Mazzi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

It's unfortunate your meal was not to your liking. We are always happy to correct any issues while our guests are at the restaurant. I wish you had let us know so we could have prepared your girlfriend a new plate.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Delicious food served in an unpretentious, friendly ambiance.

I went back in April of 2012 after 10 years of dreaming of their lasagna, and it was just as good as I remembered. It was my husbands first time and he agreed his dish was also delish. The rolls are addictive, and the staff is always friendly.

Now that we live in the area again, we visit fairly frequently. It can get crazy busy there with long waits (depending on the day), but we find the overall experience worth it. And you can always order it as take-out, and enjoy the food in your own home.

Frank-Owner, Owner at Mazzi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you. We love to hear from our loyal guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We love Mazzi's!!! Their cookbook is the best, just like their food. We grow roma tomatoes and can Mazzi's sauce for the cold winters. Call in pizza, calazones or even chicken piccata and they serve it up with their fresh baked rolls. Mazzi's house salad and Ceasar salad complete your meal. I am sorry there is only one Mazzi's in this world.

Frank-Owner, Owner at Mazzi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

It is true that our take out is fantastic! Our cook book is no longer sold, so it's a collectible. We are so glad you enjoy the meals made from it!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is good Italian food, but the rolls are to die for. I could go there and feast on a salad and rolls and be just fine. They make them fresh and bring them hot to your table and will bring you as many baskets full as you want. Who could ask for anything more? Oh, they have a decent wine list, too.

Our guests have been enjoying the classic Mazzi rolls for decades. Thanks for the thoughtful review.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The menu sounds interesting and inviting. The rolls they serve are OK but unfortunatley aren't as dynamite as the bakery attached to the restaurant but making their own things. I should have gotten the salad dressing on the side because it was thick with dressing. The entrees were satisfying, the portions large but nothing to knock my socks off. Nothing particularly creative or that tweaked and tantalized my taste buds. Our waitperson was attentive and friendly. As we looked around the restaurant it looked like everyone had been coming here for years, as if this might be the only Italian restaurant they're aware of in Eugene when there are others that I think are much better.

Frank-Owner, Owner at Mazzi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your response. We value feedback and look at it as a way we can improve. I'm happy to hear the service was good. Our rolls are made each afternoon at the Hideaway Bakery (our sister restaurant located behind us). We do have a strong base of regular customers who have been coming to Mazzi's for over four decades. I hope you can give us another chance to show just how delicious or foods is, setting us apart from the rest.