“Cornucopia the best in town?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cornucopia
Ranked #70 of 607 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Delicatessen, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Eugene, Oregon
“Cornucopia the best in town?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

On a beautiful spring evening my family decided to gather at Cornucopia at 17th street for a dinner out since our experience a few weeks earlier at the Cornucopia at 5th street was great. These two restaurants could not by more different. Reservations were screwed up, two hour wait for food ordered, a mandatory various charge for having a large group, (strange 5th street did not have this), drink charges added to the bills that no one added, and to top it all off some of the food was burnt and cold. We call the manager the next day to explain our experience and we were brushed off with a snotty "Well what do you want me to do about it". I was a manager of a restaurant chain for 15 years and if I would have allowed this to happen in my establishment, I would have been fired. I will never recommend going to this restaurant chain to anyone.

2 Thank Gerald B

Eugene, Oregon
“A fun lunch in Eugene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had friends up from California and were taking them out to lunch. Our planned stop was closed so I had heard of the Cornucopia, used my phone to navigate there and were delighted to find a cozy, friendly, fun neighborhood place to eat. The place is up-beat and the waiter was on us in a flash. All that was available were two couples tables but the waiter said he would grab us the first table for four, which he did soon after we were served some refreshments. I ordered a burger and fries which were about the best I've had in town. Great selection of sandwiches and the prices are easy to manage.

Corvallis, Oregon
“Best Burgers We've Found”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

If your from a foodie city, this will just be a standard good experience and is a tad pricey. However, by Eugene standards this is as good as burgers get. The meat is local, tastes great, they are generous with portions and toppings. When we crave burgers, this is where we go no question. However, they aren't cheap burgers either. If you go on Monday you can get their burger and brew special for $11 bucks, in which case it's very reasonably priced. So try to crave burgers on Monday is the moral of the story. Staff is excellent, and they certainly have other options other than burgers as well...but I've never tried anything else.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, good service, and great beer selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Burgers and sandwiches are the base fare at this Eugene restaurant. Relaxed atmosphere and an excellent beer selection make this a must visit restaurant every time I visit Eugene.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
The Woodlands, Texas
“Best Burgers So Far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Juicy, flavorful burger generously topped with mushrooms, cheese and grllled onions with a side of crispy, not greasy, sweet potato fries and a cold tangerine wheat flavored brew. Both hubby and I were very satisfied with our burgers, the quality of our meal and the service. The price was in line with the quality and quanity, the best burgers we have had in Eugene so far. Beats the chain burgers in the area hands down. We haven't had a chance to try the other one on 5th but it is on our list. The parking is street, the restaurant is cozy and has a relaxed pub feel, eclectic decor and family friendly with a mixed age patronage. Really great wine and beer selection, varied menu with something for everyone.