“Good Burgers”

Cuisines: Deli, Brew Pub, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was in Eugene for work and I asked a co-worker where I should eat that's close to the Hilton hotel. The girl raved about Cornucopia and their burgers. She said and I quote, "The burgers are so good, I'd lick the paper if no one was watching." With a recommendation like that, I had to check it out. I ordered the mushroom swiss burger with sweet potatoe fries and it was really good. They also have a selection of local beers and our server was very informed and made good beer recommendations for us. This place is nothing fancy, but they do serve a good burger with local flare.

1  Thank Tammy G

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Mac-n-cheese was tasty with a good sized side salad. Would order again. My husband had the fish and chips. Fries were good, fish was average. There are a lot of good looking salads on the menu along with a large variety of burgers. Atmosphere was casual and friendly. Went on a friday night so was a little loud. Our server was cheerful and definitely busy! We'd go back to check out other menu items.

1  Thank OregonPTgal
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Aee there twice and enjoyed the food both times. Decor is nothing special, but we got to watch some football on one of the TVs. Good view of the railroad track on one side. convenient to 5th Street Market

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had to try the burgers and fries, which were supposed to be exceptional. The fries were very good and the onion rings were above average. The burgers, though, were pretty standard. Not juicy enough for my taste, and closer to medium-well than the medium-rare I requested. Service was solid and I'll be back, but I'll keep looking for Eugene's best burger because I don't think it's here.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Lunch. OK. Upgraded to the onion rings with my Philly cheesesteak and hated myself for it. Clearly institutional onion rings with a dense, heavy, thick batter...coated some weeks ago and flash frozen two states away. Bummer.

Decor was comfortable, very low key. Staff seemed attentive enough, there whenever I needed something.

Menu looked pretty imaginative, although my choice wasn't. I'd go back.

Been to Cornucopia? Share your experiences!