“The Standard for Fish and Chips”

Newman’s Fish Company
Ranked #30 of 615 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Eugene
“The Standard for Fish and Chips”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

When it comes to finding the best fish and chips in Eugene, there is none better than Newman's. When we travel we always compare our fish and chips meals to Newman's. It's the greatest. Unfortunately, we pretty much limit our patronage of Newman's to the summer in good weather, because most of their seating is outside.

Visited September 2012

Florence, Oregon
“Good fresh sea food!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It's not a fancy place and not a great place for a date or the family. But, if you just want no frills good fresh seafood Newman's is the place! Everything I've had here was great. The fish tacos are my favorite and I recommend them!

• Visited May 2012
Springfield, Oregon
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We generally call Newmans on Coburg Road. We order the Halibut fish and chips. It's a little expensive ($23 for two orders). But worth the stop.

Visited July 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Fish & chips”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

They have fresh fish and chips, but the fish and chips a the Fishermen's market is much better and they have a large selection, plus they give you both chips & coleslaw

Visited July 2012
1 Thank selove
Oakland, OR
“Newmans Not So Subltle Change in Quality”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I started going to Newmans in 2009 and enjoyed the fried scallops meal that I had at the Coburg location every time I went. Out of necessity, the price of the scallops had to increase dramatically (gas, the economy, whatever) and I understood. What I don't understand is that the quality of the scallops has gone down, the batter has thickened and the oil used to cook the scallops is just not as fresh as it should be. I'm willing to pay more for the same quality but not for inferior food.

• Visited August 2012