“Authentic recipes-stunningly delicious-outstanding presentation”
Review of Ta Ra Rin

Ta Ra Rin
Ranked #14 of 617 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Authentic recipes-stunningly delicious-outstanding presentation”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Eugene has a wealth of fabulous Thai Restaurants. This one combines comfortable seating, white glove cleanliness, a friendly staff and amazingly brilliant food.

We tried Rad Na, a flavorful bowl of wide rice noodles served in brown Thai gravy sauce, simmered with broccoli, carrots, baby corn, and mushrooms. i had mine with chicken as my protein selection, and it was full of big pieces of white meat, tender and moist as could be.

i normally go for something with maximum chili heat and found this mild dish to be so wonderfully flavored that i am already mapping out my strategy to return and have Rad Na again. My server mentioned that Rad Na was her favorite on the menu and suggested i try it next time with the crispy noodles.

My lunch mate loves Pad Thai and wanted to compare theirs with some of the other Thai restaurants and felt theirs was at the top of the list. The bite i sampled was a wonderful mix of soft, crunchy, hot, cool and very well spiced. He asked for the hot version (below very hot) and for me the heat level was an immediate 4 on the 10 scale and stayed their for a full minute. Very nice!

Lunch, including a bottle of Sake, was under $30. We have a new favorite for Thai in Eugene!

• Visited July 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Authentic Great Tasting Food!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wish we had a Thai restaurant like this one in my home town. We were so pleasantly surprised eating here. They had many healthy options on their menu. Plus me being raised in Asia, I know what authentic Thai food should taste like, and this food hit the spot! They give you a choice of mild, medium and hot, and their spice level is real - so don't ask for hot unless you can really eat hot food! For us mild was enough and gave us just the right amount of spice and flavor. We ordered the pad thai noodles, green curry and a tofu dish - all three was just delicious and super fragrant! If this place was in my home town I would frequent it on a regular basis! Plus the service was excellent and the ambience of the place was lovely.

Beavercreek, Ohio
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had dinner here while in the area on vacation. We LOVED this place. It was some of the best Thai food we've ever had. We had Thai on the coast a few nights before this and this was even better. Food was very fresh and well presented, service was also great, and it wasn't too pricey. If we are ever in the area again, we'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
“Delicious! Definitely Going Back!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

While visiting relative in town we were told great things about this place. We stopped in for lunch on a Friday afternoon about 1:30. We were seated quickly, staff was extremely friendly, food & portion sizes were good. All in all a good experience. Ordered Satay, Panang w/pork, Pad kee mao w/tofu, Green curry and one other dish I can't remember the name of but it was a special that they had on their board that day. The whole family was happy with their choices! We will be back!

Eugene, Oregon
“very good”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great lunch spot...they give generous portions that i'm able to save for lunch the next day...the lunch menu is not as extensive as dinner but it's good enough and delicious... i enjoy quite a number of things...my child is extremely picky but he can eat pad thai without the bean spouts and egg! it's a winner in our book....

Visited April 2013