“Not worth it”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Passing through town and went based on yelp ratings.. walked out disappointed.

Even the curries that are normally spicy were sweet. Could as well be a dessert buffet. Went for lunch on July 4th - Buffet items looked and tasted stale especially the vegetarian options. Some reviewers mention the food is authentic - they must have been there on one of the resturants good days.
I'd look for something else

1  Thank TravelingParty2013

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love Indian food. Curries are my favorite dish. Sadly my wife doesn't share my passion for full on spice flavor although I took her here for the lunch buffet and was pleasantly surprised that she was able to eat and sample a lot of the food. It was nicely prepared, fresh and there was a good selection of authentic tasting Indian food; both meat and vegetarian options. Now I want to go back for the evening entrees. Lamb Vindaloo please!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The lunch buffet is good (its popularity ensures the food is fresh), but the dinners are better; very tender and tasty lamb dishes.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Even though I gave it an average. The Buffet is the best in town, I as a rule hate buffets as the food is old and unappetizing, but The Evergreen has fresh food and they change it out all the time. I like everything I've had there.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was surprised by how close to authentic the food actually was hardly watered down for american tastes at all. I'm comparing to family meals I've shared with an friend and her family who are from India.