Secret Garden Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Eugene
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
66 Motel(Eugene)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Stayed in Dove Cote for one evening. Had to walk up three flights of steps (outside) to get to the attic room. Tried to warm up room at night with heater (which didn't work); also advertised that there was a heated mattress pad (which wasn't there). Breakfast was ok. Staff not knowledgeable about area restaurants. All in all, not a great experience. Would try another B&B before going back to this one.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank cdoneganfr
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Don't even bother with this place. They falsely advertised that they had a hot tub, when it was long out of service because the owner was not up to code (per owner). We also requested vegan and vegetarian breakfasts, which they advertise they would accommodate and they confirmed they would be able to offer, and it was horrible, not even vegan or vegetarian, even though they told us it was. First, they served scones that looked as if someone dropped a turd on the plate. Second, they served breakfast patties that had egg and milk in them and still told us they were vegan. The eggs they served for the vegetarian breakfast had ham in them and they told us they were vegetarian. On both mornings, the potatoes they served were raw - literally crunchy - gross! On our second morning when we came down to breakfast, they told us that they had given our breakfast to someone else and that there was nothing to serve us - so, even though we were staying at a B&breakfast, we had to go to a restaurant for breakfast.
To top it all off - the owner would NOT refund any money to us! Oh, it was our anniversary weekend - what a let down. We have stayed at the B&B in the past and were just absolutely disappointed and shocked at the service and the new owners lack of customer service. we will never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank jkahn42
Reviewed April 22, 2008

I recently stayed at the Secret Garden, which apparently has new ownership. No more dogs, and no, "no show rule" anymore. The staff was extremely friendly and our room was lovely. The house is grand and we had no complaints overall. I would refer this B & B to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 25, 2008

Positives: our suite on the main floor was very nice and we especially enjoyed the gas stove and the lights I thought looked kind of goofy at first gave off lovely light. The location is pretty good. Another good thing is that the dogs seem to be doing a little better than they were in the past reviews! I am not a dog lover, but they were kind of cute and didn't get in our way or beg.
Negatives: Breakfast was not good. This is very disappointing because it is the only reason I stay at a B & B. I commented on how the food didn't match the menu and was told that someone didn't show up to work that day. I still don't understand the reasoning there. The reason the service is not very good (check in issues, check out issues, and I was called dude, which I thought was weird - I am not a guy or under 30) is because they employ university students. Which is fine, as long as they train them really well, which they aparently don't here.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank z_portland
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I sympathize with some of the previous posts. the dogs are annoying and I'm a big dog lover. They did poop on the stairs the night i was there (lovely). The dogs did bark late at night and early in the morning. The "take off your shoes" is understandable to avoid too much nose on top floors (I guess), but it was VERY annoying to me. I hate that. I felt like I was in prison. The bathroom in my room had ants.

Having said all of those things, the BED was incredibly comfortable. Great bed!!

I did not eat the breakfast so cannot comment on that.

Stayed: January 2008