All reviewsthe main housecomplimentary glass of winebeautiful victoriancommon areascozy roomjacuzzi tubbed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousamtrak stationchain hotelsgas fireplacewould definitely stay here againdowntown areabutteearplugsaccommodationspreceded
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We just returned from a trip to Oregon, and we spent two nights at the Celeste Cottage, which is part of the Campbell House in Eugene. There were three adults in our party, and the cottage had two bedrooms. We paid $343 per night. Overall, we were very disappointed with the accommodations. One of the bedrooms had old wallpaper hanging down from the ceiling and walls (see attached pictures), and it had a very uncomfortable mattress. In the bathroom, the toilet mechanism did not work because it was rusted through, and when we advised the staff, it was "repaired" with a bread tie. Paper clips were left for us to perform further repairs if necessary. The bathroom ceiling needed to be painted (see attached picture) and did not have adequate lighting or a decent mirror. The living room furniture was also quite worn and uncomfortable. The premises also could have been cleaner. Breakfast was unimaginative and bland so if you are looking for a B&B with good food, you should avoid this one. The main house may have been in better condition but we did not stay in it, so we can not evaluate it. However, if this cottage was indicative of the rest of the premises, we would not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank Sophers
Reviewed July 25, 2006

Nice rooms, good that they have small refrigerator. Many extras in the "did you forget basket." Rather impersonal in comparison to other places we have stayed, but it is an "Inn" rather than a Bed and Breakfast. Breakfast was fine, but not over the top great. Beautiful grounds, small cozy rooms and a nice gathering area. Very convenient to downtown area. the train was no big deal at all to us.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tour802902
Reviewed August 11, 2005

I read a ton of reviews and guide books on this place and never did I see a mention that it sits 2 blocks from a train crossing. And yes the trains run all night with horns blaring. The hotel makes a nice accommodation for their guests during turndown service by leaving earplugs on your pillow. It let me know I was in for a noisy night. I normally sleep with earplugs anyway so it didn't bother me and wouldn't keep me from staying here again. But light sleepers deserve to be forewarned!

I stayed in room 102, The Fraser Room, which looks like Ralph Lauren tried to redo your grandmother's basement. It's a cozy, lodge style room. Their web site says it is off the parlor, but it is really underneath it. This is the daylight basement of the house. It's dark which they try to make up for by having 4 lamps in addition to the overhead light. It's also very private with no other rooms nearby and a separate entrance. You can hear guests walking overhead in the parlor though. It wasn't my favorite B&B room by far however the rest of my stay was very pleasant.

The staff is great. The breakfast was awesome with 4 entrees to choose from instead of the usual one. I wish they didn't charge to have the same food delivered to your room that you can eat in the dining room though. The common areas and gardens are lovely. You are in the city and there is a high-rise apartment building next door and the train goes by at least once an hour but you can walk to everything.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but I would opt for a different room. Something a little more girlie suits my taste. I'd stay away from the cottage which is even closer to the train tracks.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank hipmamatravels
Reviewed March 30, 2005

Simply the best place to stay in Eugene. There are more expensive places, but why waste your money there..you will feel comfortable here and well taken care of in this beautiful and classy boutique inn. There are small rooms to luxury rooms --the price range varies of course-- the grounds are beautiful and the breakfast that is included is always superb. There is wine offered in the evening, and also appetizers and dinner are available in the little dining room. We go back to the Campbell house again and again and are always very pleased. In fact, we are going to be in Eugene next month and plan to be there again.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
9  Thank oregongirl
Reviewed July 8, 2004

This is the best place to stay in Eugene. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable, the location was perfect, and the food was excellent. I really enjoyed it and I would reccommend it highly.

3  Thank Dreamer6552