“Lovely place”

Ranked #3 of 17 Eugene B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely place”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place does it just right - right amount of warm welcome which felt sincere and most helpful, beautiful room overlooking the garden, very nice feel throughout the building, a great breakfast with good options (granola and yogurt, an egg dish and very good homemade scones.) Nice location too for a walk downtown. It gave us such a good impression of Eugene. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
myraplant, Owner at Campbell House, A City Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The breakfast is always a favorite, and we are glad to see you liked the scones. Walking downtown is a great way to see Eugene, always great to hear people taking advantage of our location. Come back, and see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Victoria
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Made a quick stop at this quintessential B&B on the way south and really liked it. I got to see a great selection of rooms before deciding which was my favourite but that was a tough call. The breakfast room/common area has amazing windows overlooking the property and the location was just blocks from town.

Great staff, friendly vibe, comfy beds - check!

Oh and I found it on the "Unique Inns" site which has yet to steer me wrong :)

Room Tip: Big or small I liked them all
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
myraplant, Owner at Campbell House, A City Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
We are so pleased you stopped in to see us. We agree, our windows are amazing, and with Spring around the corner you just can't beat the view. Thank you for the nice comments on the friendly staff, we all strive for a welcoming atmosphere, happy to know it shines through. We love Unique Inns, and agree, they never steer you wrong. Please stop back by for a visit, we'll be waiting for you!
Springfield
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Had booked Steven Caitlin Holly Suite for my wife and I's anniversary in December. I went early to check us into the room and get keys etc. I wasn't paying attention at the time, but was assigned the Philip Anthony Andrew room instead. Only later when my wife and I actually went to the room did she point out that we were in the wrong room. Went to ask front desk about discrepancy and was told nothing they could do as a wedding party had been booked for the suite and no other rooms available. Funny thing is that I was told the wedding party had the suite reserved for about 7 weeks. However, I had the suite reserved for nearly 3 months. In other words, they moved me so that they could put the wedding in the suite. I was told a manager would be in touch with me about this and follow-up. Never happened. No one came to our room. No one talked to us the next day at breakfast. No one called me. No one sent me a letter. Nothing. Very disappointed as my wife was very much looking forward to the same suite that we had on our wedding night and did not receive that.
The room we did stay in was nice, but no two person Jacuzzi as is in the suite. The bed was a beautiful king bed and the fireplace kept the room quite cozy through the night.
However, breakfast the next morning was another disappointment as the food was not prepared to order, but instead served buffet style. Only slightly better than the continental breakfast that is served at most hotels now-a-days. To top it off we were there at the same time as the wedding group and the one apparently fresh thing, belgian waffles, ran out before we could get any.
In summary, I believe all the rooms here to be well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast is much better at other B&B's we've been to, especially for the price that you pay for rooms here. Customer service was atrocious and probably the main thing that will keep us from returning. Next time there are plenty of other places within 1 1/2 hours drive that are better options with views of either mountains or the ocean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ORTraveler477
myraplant, Owner at Campbell House, A City Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very sorry for your experience. This is my first time hearing of this, I would have gladly talked with you to clear things up at the time, had I known. It looks like on your promotional gift certificate, it was for a suite subject to availability. We should have noted that you were returning guests, and wanted a specific room, we apologize for that. It looks like you were in a nice suite, but not the one you requested. As far as breakfast goes, I talked with the servers on that morning, and it was pointed out that there was quite a bit of food left over that morning the wedding party was here. I am not sure how you weren't able to get waffles, we make them up as long as people are still wanting them. We do only have a buffet style set up, but we make you whatever you like when you ask. I'm sorry that perhaps, that system was not explained to you, and you thought only what was on the table was all that was available to you. We apologize for that. We are known for our great customer service, and to hear you felt it was "atrocious" is a hard pill to swallow. It is very hard to imagine who would act that way, but we are looking into it. Again, thank you for your review. Please feel free to contact the Inn, and ask for Kelly to discuss this situation further. All the best to you.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I took the 5 am train from Van BC to Eugene, with a 3 hr stop-over in Seattle. By the time I arrived in Eugene at 9 pm I was tired and grumpy - road-weary. I walked 10 mins (max) to Campbell House from the train station and was greeted with hospitality, beauty, superior cleanliness, and comfort. And then I awoke to a home-made breakfast of quiche, scones, fruit, yogurt- I left very full and very happy. I was so impressed that I stayed there again on my way back through Eugene a week later. In the smaller (and very affordable) rooms there wasn't a lot of space to unpack- so if you're staying a few days I would suggest paying a bit more for more room to spread out your things. Also, you do hear occassional trains go by but this was no problem for me.

Room Tip: I got an upgrade to a carriage house room and felt like I was in a Victorian cabin- loved it
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
myraplant, Owner at Campbell House, A City Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
We are so happy you stayed with us on your way back through town. That is a great compliment for us. We hope to see you on your next trip. You will have to enjoy dinner at our restaurant next time. So glad you enjoyed the breakfast, those scones are a great treat! We look forward to seeing you again.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 26, 2011

2 stays at the Campbell house with plans of many more! You just don't find this type of charm or style in Eugene OR! The staff, especially the innkeeper Myra was fabulous and friendly. The attention paid to detail of the guests needs is over the top. The bed was so comfortable and the rooms warm and comfortable, decorated beautifully. The train did not bother me. I will most definitely return to the Campbell House. I plan to give my parents a 60th anniversary gift of a weekend stay at the Campbell House. I know they will love it as much as I did.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the lovely compliments. It was a pleasure having you here! We strive to make eveyone feel special, we are so glad you felt it. We do hope you book your parents here. We will take great care of them, you can be sure of that.
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Staying at the campbell house in Eugene was fabulous. From the food to the accomodations, they impress. Breakfast was scrumptiously served in a relaxed victorian atmosphere of the main house, like being at grammas! The scones were to die for!!! Our room was romantically appointed with antiques and sexy music from the 40's piped in via a good stereo system (you can turn it down if you dont care for the genere). A room with a spa tub was just the ticket! There was also wine tasting in the main house during happy hr.. a nice way to unwind after a day of exploring the fun college town. Dinner was without a doubt an experience too! just take a look at thier menu and you will see... If you are planning a trip to Eugene, The Campbell house is the place to stay... Far better than the Hilton or any other commercial lodging.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
myraplant, Owner at Campbell House, A City Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back soon, we will have lots of scones on hand for you! Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit.
salem or
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have been staying at the Campbell house since it first opened. At least 50 times. I have NEVER been disappointed. It is always immaculate, over the top friendly accomodating staff, and cozy no matter what room you stay in. I know the trains exist, but I have actually only heard them twice. It must be because I was sleeping so good I didn't hear it! The beds are amazingly comfortable. It is always decorated so awesome and I just can't say enough about the staff- I feel like family each time I stay. I sent my father and step-mother there for their honeymoon and they STILL talk about it- 13 years later.

Room Tip: The luxury suites are amazing, but it is also nice to be in the main house where you may encounter o...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathie b
We are thrilled you have been our guest on so many different occasions. We strive to make everyone feel like friends and family. Very good tip about staying in the main house, and making new friends! We can't wait until your next visit.