“Tast, but probably won't be back for a second time”

Laughing Planet Cafe
Ranked #38 of 613 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Eugene, Oregon
“Tast, but probably won't be back for a second time”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Funky art-y sights and sounds.
High-ish ceilings (read: Loud)
Tables and chairs
Hard, cold feeling inside.
Indoor and Outdoor seating.
Tasty food.

Seattle, Washington
“Unique, delish, healthy burritos, great college atmosphere, good for kids”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stopped here while on our road trip based on good reviews. So glad we did. It's in the heart of college town so when we walked in with our family with two young kids, placed was packed of college kids and other families. Super casual place, order at counter, get your own silverware and water type of place. Four of us orderd burritos although the bowls being served looked amazing and nice big portions. I ordered the sweet potato/plantains/grilled tempeh burrito and it was AMAZING. So unique, great flavor combo and healthy! Have never eaten tempeh that tasted sooo good. Only brown rice is used instead of white, and the sauces they use were fantastic. This was one of our favorite places to eat while on our road trip. Prices were friendly, casual, service quick and atmosphere was fun and full of college vibe. Definitely coming back.

Los Angeles, California
“Loved It!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to try Laughing Planet for dinner tonight, and we could not be happier! The "Nacho Mama" is great, which provided me a solution to my unruly addiction to jalapeños. I followed it up with the "Thai Bowl", and my girlfriend had their Special Burrito which they change every week. Both were phenomenal! They also have locally brewed beers on tap, which made me one happy camper. Definitely a must eat if you're in Eugene!

Sacramento, California
“Price friendly, super good food!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Thanks to Yelp, we found this restaurant on the way to Seattle. The food and service were both great. I had a "bowl" and husband had the "Elvis" quesadilla. My bowl was brown rice, black beans, sweet potato, plantain, and chicken served with a green tomatillo sauce. Delicious!  The "Elvis" was OK, but nothing special. Food is organic, local, and vegans are easily accommodated.

I will go here again on my next thrip through Eugene. I recommend this restaurant without reservation.

• Visited July 2012
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“So Eugene”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

You can eat healthy and love it at this place. Fresh, fresh ingredients prepared creatively, a friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere with modest prices make it a family favorite for us.

Visited June 2012