“Too sweet!”

Sweet Life Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Eugene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Pastry cases packed with piles of petit fours, eclairs, creme brulee, lemon bars, cookies and tartlets. Rows of desserts tempt you for a slice: tiramisu, mousse tortes, chocolate silks, fruit and cream pies, and cheesecakes. Another pastry case holds a large assortment of ready to go cakes for any occasion. For breakfast there's an abundance of morning pastries. We also offer products with no dairy, eggs, or animal products; and wheat or gluten free desserts.
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Sweet life cakes are a little too sweet for my taste. I feel like I am going to die of diabetic shock after a few bites.

There's always a long line though, so I'm probably not in the majority!

Reviewed June 3, 2008

As a vegan who travels all over the US for business I have tried many a vegan dessert and this place has by far the very best!

Reviewed May 7, 2008

This place obviously doesn't need another great review, but I'll take a moment to write one anyway. This is by very far the most amazing bakery/cafe in Eugene (I just wish I'd discovered it sooner). Cakes, pies, pastries, cookies, chocolates, ice cream, and much more. I particularly love their chocolate dipped short bread cookies, and the mint patties.

This place also made our wedding cake for our reception. We had a cake in three different countries. (Destination wedding, reception in my country, reception in my husband's country) This one was by far the most amazing looking, and astonishingly, it cost less than half of what our other two cakes cost. (tho perhaps wedding cakes are less expensive in general in this area, I didn't get any quotes elsewhere) And it tasted delicious, with different layers, one with chocolate, and one with white chocolate ginger mousse in lemon cake. We still have the top layer in our freezer here, to eat on our anniversary. Oh, and when we went to taste different cakes, ganaches, etc, we brought my mother in law too, and they gave us two or three times more cake/filling than the three of us could eat, we loved it. (just wish we could've taken the rest of the samples home, but that didn't seem polite)

I have yet to find someone who doesn't adore Sweet Life

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 2, 2008

So good we got our wedding cake here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 27, 2008

This place is amazing! Every time my friends and I have people visit us from out of town, we always make sure to take them here while they're in Eugene. It's definitely a favorite local spot - one of those tiny little hole-in-the-wall shops that never fails to have a line stretching out the door. They've got something for everyone - cake by the slice, pies, cookies, brownies, creme brulee, gelato, even these great petit fours. It's cheap enough even for a college kid's budget, but you'd never know it by the quality of the desserts! I've never gotten something I didn't enjoy - and I've tried to sample as many of the desserts as I can. I can't say enough about this place!