“La Dolce Vita”

Sweet Life Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Eugene
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pastry cases packed with piles of petit fours, eclairs, creme brulee, lemon bars, cookies and tartlets. Rows of desserts tempt you for a slice: tiramisu, mousse tortes, chocolate silks, fruit and cream pies, and cheesecakes. Another pastry case holds a large assortment of ready to go cakes for any occasion. For breakfast there's an abundance of morning pastries. We also offer products with no dairy, eggs, or animal products; and wheat or gluten free desserts.
Eugene, OR
“La Dolce Vita”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2008

This place obviously doesn't need another great review, but I'll take a moment to write one anyway. This is by very far the most amazing bakery/cafe in Eugene (I just wish I'd discovered it sooner). Cakes, pies, pastries, cookies, chocolates, ice cream, and much more. I particularly love their chocolate dipped short bread cookies, and the mint patties.

This place also made our wedding cake for our reception. We had a cake in three different countries. (Destination wedding, reception in my country, reception in my husband's country) This one was by far the most amazing looking, and astonishingly, it cost less than half of what our other two cakes cost. (tho perhaps wedding cakes are less expensive in general in this area, I didn't get any quotes elsewhere) And it tasted delicious, with different layers, one with chocolate, and one with white chocolate ginger mousse in lemon cake. We still have the top layer in our freezer here, to eat on our anniversary. Oh, and when we went to taste different cakes, ganaches, etc, we brought my mother in law too, and they gave us two or three times more cake/filling than the three of us could eat, we loved it. (just wish we could've taken the rest of the samples home, but that didn't seem polite)

I have yet to find someone who doesn't adore Sweet Life

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“So good we got our wedding cake here. Many vegetarian and even vegan selections, which do NOT sacrifice quality. Good...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2008

So good we got our wedding cake here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
United States
“Sweetest Little Dessert Shop In Eugene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

This place is amazing! Every time my friends and I have people visit us from out of town, we always make sure to take them here while they're in Eugene. It's definitely a favorite local spot - one of those tiny little hole-in-the-wall shops that never fails to have a line stretching out the door. They've got something for everyone - cake by the slice, pies, cookies, brownies, creme brulee, gelato, even these great petit fours. It's cheap enough even for a college kid's budget, but you'd never know it by the quality of the desserts! I've never gotten something I didn't enjoy - and I've tried to sample as many of the desserts as I can. I can't say enough about this place!

Veneta, Oregon
“Yummy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2008

Sweet Life has the best goodies I have ever had. There is something there for everyone, including a wide variety of vegan treats.
We had our wedding cake made by them and it is the best cake I have had at any wedding. They took great care in designing it with us at no extra charge, and fresh flowers (a lot of them!) at no charge either. There is no better place to get a wedding cake in my humble opinion. They do not nickel and dime you on it and is really an outstanding value.
You can also order specially made custom cakes with only 24 hours notice at an extremely reasonable price. There are dozens of fillings and cake flavors to choose from. I ordered a small cake that was one of the flavors of our wedding cake for our anniversary and they even recreated the fresh flowers and design at no additional charge.
If visiting Eugene it is an absolute must for any sweet tooth and is even open late when the craving hits.

limegreencat, owner at Sweet Life Patisserie, responded to this review, November 13, 2008
Thanks for the great review! Just so everyone knows, we usually need 48 hours notice for a special order cake (not 24). Often we can do one with less than that and there are cakes available on the spot. But to make sure you get what you want, 48 hours will guarantee it.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook