“Good soups, old-fashioned heavy breads.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Eugene City Brewery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eugene City Brewery
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: 35 Multi-Tap | Wine | Spirits | Brewery ToursRogue Ales Public House is an artisan varietal brewery founded in October of 2004. Previously known as the West Brothers BBQ and then the Dive Bar & Grill, the location has its roots in the original historic Eugene City Brewery, established in 1866. Outside seating, pizza and 35 beers on tap including Rogue Ales, Track Town Honey Orange Wheat, 100 Meter, 200 Meter, and Triple Jump.
Eugene, OR
“Good soups, old-fashioned heavy breads.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The coffee is good, but the wait for it can be very long. Staff are terrific, though, and the pastries are better than average.

Visited May 2014

Coastal Oregon
“Good beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had a different experience from some reviewers. My wife and I walked over from the Timbers Motel late in the late afternoon, before the evening crowd arrived, and had a couple of beers (triple play and 200 are good).

The overall atmosphere was nice, and the bartender was pleasant and attentive. We did not have anything to eat, so cannot comment on the food.

We'll definitely re-visit the next time we visit Eugene.

Visited December 2013
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The food was less than mediocre, the service was worse and the beer was the only thing that would make me consider going there again but I won't. Eugene City Brewery, these are my complaints;
-Waitress spilled beer on my table and didn't bother to clean it up or offer us a towel or something to clean it up with before she ran off. We had to track her down for it.
- Why do I have to track down my server for silverware and napkins?
- What does it take to get a second round of beer from an elusive server?
- Every food item I ordered was overcooked and bland and over priced.
- The beer was good but over priced at $5.25 a pint.
- After we received our food, the server only came by to bring us our check. Horrible service.

My advice to anyone considering going to ECB- don't waste your time or money because you will regret it.

• Visited April 2012
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
“Great brews, lots to choose from (Rogue Ales!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We visited on a Sunday, so things were very quiet when they opened. Had some appetizers and some dark beers. great barleywine on tap. Server gave us lots of good info about the area. Would enjoy visiting during a busy night, as this place must jump! Also seems to be known as the Rogue Ale Brew Pub, in some of the listings in AAA tourbooks.

• Visited September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Give yourself a treat and go to the Rogue Ale Pub (in the charming campus) for its tasty beers and good food!  And,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Rogue Ale Publuc House -  Eugene

Give yourself a treat and go to the Rogue Ale Pub (in U of O's charming campus) for its tasty beers and good food!  And, before you go into the restroom, please do make sure that you know....!

DETAILS:
- On the way from Portland to Crater Lake back in late July, my wife and I stopped by Eugene for lunch break in its charming campus of U. of Oregon Ducks. A beautiful coed told us that Rogue Ale Public House was THE place to go for good food and beers.
- We took her advice and really enjoyed our lunch over a couple of great tasting draft beers.

This Rogue location used to be the Eugene City Brewery, and now under the new Rogue management, I think. Rogue is spacious with a casual and inviting atmosphere! Walls are lined with numerous awards of Rogue's creative beers; memorable pics of university's celebrity athletes of the past and present!  There are a few funky artifacts by the bar, too!
- Also, be sure you know that the Men's and Women's restrooms are designated as Hops (Boys) and Barley respectively! So, don't mess up!!!

Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Besides helping us with the orders, he also let us know that Rogue carried the ICONIC Voodoo Bottled Drinks, too, although not its famous donuts.

We had a large C. Salad (9.5), Rubin Sandwich with taters (9.5), 2 beers ($1.75 each; Tracktown and Honey Orange Wheat). The kitchen gave us fries istead of tater by mistake. So, the waiter got us a free order of taters, too, without our asking! They were all delicious! The beers were good and surprisingly cheap for $1.75! We also tried a bottle of Voodoo drink with bacon rasberry flavor, well, it was an acquired taste! It was so much fun that we stayed there almost an hour longer than we had planned!

We did not know that Rogue was a popular franchise. We loved the place and will start seeking them out while visiting different towns from now on.

Peterskis, August, 2012