“Great Find!”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Gold Beach, OR
“Great Find!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We just happened to drive by this restaurant and decided to try something new. Oh my gosh, it was great! The service was wonderful and attentive along with good food. We both had the special a chicken vegetable dish in a rich curry sauce which had just the right amount of heat. We were getting full but kept picking at it until not much was left, too full for dessert. The next time we are in Eugene we want to go back to try other dishes, can't wait!

• Visited December 2011

Oregon Coast
“DELICIOUS”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband had the house specialty, Vindaloo Chicken Curry, hot, spicy and wonderful. His lunch was photographed prior to being served to him by the local paper. I had Yiros with spilt pea soup AND a salad. As good as my Yiros was, it could not compare to the exotic, multi level flavor and heat of the curry. We loved everything about this restaurant. While preparing to open, they cleaned their windows and swept in front of the restaurant. It was very clean, friendly and affordable. All in all, a huge success!!!

• Visited October 2011
Seattle, WA
“Excellent food and great, friendly service”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were delighted with our food at Poppi's Anatolia tonight. We are driving through on our way home and wanted a place with vegetarian options, but not your "normal" style of food. I had the spanokopita. It was very well made and quite tasty, without excell oil/butter. It was accompanied by potatoes in a tasty tomato sauce and also stir-fried cabbage with different seasonings. The combination of the 3 dishes was a delight. My husband had the Egyptian moussaka without rice and a side order of lentils. The lentils were very bland bu the moussaka was also a treat.

The service was great. The waitress kindly explained the dishes and offered the poosibility of getting half portions. Because my husband did not want rice with the moussaka, she had it served in a bowl and he was charged less. (He also ordered pita and mango lassi.) Our total bill came to less than $24! The restaurant is located in downtown Eugene, an area that is undergoing revitalization.

The place is simple but with tasteful decorations.

• Visited February 2011
Springfield OR
“Good food but menu needs updating.”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I've enjoyed the food at Poppi's Anatolia, generous portions, well-seasoned, reasonably authentic tasting. Good value for the money. My problem with the restaurant, and why we haven't been back in quite a while, is the menu is kind of old-fashioned, like a 1960's Greek/Indian restaurant and lacks depth and interest. You get a big portion of meat or chicken and potatoes, and not much else. I'd like to see a lot of interesting vegetable sides and small-plate salads so you could do a good mix and match sampler along with maybe one big meaty entree for two people.

Corvallis, Oregon
“Greek menu on Sundays”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

There are some nice Greek things to eat here. I love the roast chicken, kotta psiti ,for dinner, but when I ordered it for lunch once, it was dry-- for lunch there are no cooked Greek herbed veggies with olive oil drenching your plate, which is so delicious. I made much better Greek salads at home, but this one is OK. Sunday's Poppi's has a Greek menu, but they were out of my favorite things when we got there from out of town 45 minutes before closing, which was disappointing. Our waitress that night forgot to bring part of our order, though it was close to closing and there weren't many demands being made on her. Other staff have been better in the past. Nice traditional Greek music is adds greatly to the atmosphere. I'm not crazy about the Indian offerings, we mostly go there for Greek food for dinner.