“every bite was perfection”
Review of Cafe Soriah

Cafe Soriah
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Soriah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lawrence
Reviewed June 25, 2014

If it's like this every night, why search for any other special occasion spot to eat. The lovely, intimate patio with small twinkling lights and a nice sound of water falls was perfect for 3 of us to leasiurely enjoy a great meal. Service was perfect, with both wait epople and the charming owner serving us. Our salads were prompt and mine, (part of a special "inclusive" which inlcuded a salad, a mian dish and a glass of wine for $29) was excellent with pomegranties, matchsticks of apple and a raspberry vinegrette. And huge. My sister ordered the hummus app. and it was topped with a thick layer of thinly sliced lamp, beautifully presented. Again very large order, meant to be shared. My Prawn dished featured 7 large prawns, in some spicy, tomato sauced, served with a big helping of sauteed summaer squash. My sister loved her Holibut ($28) and my husband his lamb prepared with Tumeric. This was our best meal in Eugene and we would rush back for our next celebration. Desserts very good too, & made in house, as is the bread!!! All in all an unexpected treat.

3  Thank NWroamer11

Reviewed June 6, 2014

There is something very special about dining outside on the intimate patio at Cafe Soriah. As Chef Ibrahim prepares his specialties the amazing aromas fill the space. We had a goat cheese salad followed by a tender and delicious Steak Diane in burgundy sauce and tasty halibut. It's an unpretentious, friendly restaurant that is a wonderful choice for a special occasion or everyday treat.

1  Thank 77mic
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My wife and I had a most enjoyable evening here. We started by sharing a Baby Trio - a really excellent dish that made us almost cancel our entree in favor of two more orders. I had one of the dishes from the specials menu, Curry Shrimp. and it was delicious. My wife had Lamb Mediterranean and found it most enjoyable. The service was excellent and the chef appeared at our table several times to discuss the meals with us. We will certainly return.

1  Thank Ohio_1931
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I don't like to give negative reviews but I think when travelers like us need to find a restaurant on the road they deserve an unbiased opinion. The people in the restaurant are charming. We intended to go to newmans, what is it with a restaurant in college town that shuts at 7pm on a Friday night.
So the cafe Soriah were very kind to fit us in with no reservation. All be it we were initially seated outside until the heater ran out of gas and had me freezing. It appear no other heater could be made to work either so we moved inside. This restaurant is obviously populate with faculty. I felt trapped in a episode of the "Big Bang theory" this group of nerds were loud self absorbed and quite simply obnoxious. Still can't balm a restaurant for its clientele.
I ordered chicken livers to start. These are full of flavor as an ingredient, typically made into a pate or served in risotto. I could tell the flare that went into the sauce and marinade. Unfortunately I could not taste the chicken livers for an over dominant sauce. I am not a low sodium nut but salt was over the top. My next course was lamb in turmeric. Nothing wrong with it in a way.
Perhaps it's philosophy good cooking to my pallet is good raw ingredients cooked to enhance their natural taste. Goodness knows there enough restaurants selling indifferent ingredients plain of trying to enhance them with salt sugar and cheap cooking oil. This was not the case here but the sauces were quite frankly too heavy handed for my pallet. I could not taste the lamb. Like I say charming people food cooked at the table flambé at that. Fresh taste is however so important to me, please be less heavy handed with the "enhancements" particularly salt!

1  Thank DhyanSargam
Reviewed March 4, 2014

they make great lemon drops. i like the mid eastern menu. it's a cozy restaurant. the prices are mid range. good service.

Been to Cafe Soriah? Share your experiences!