“Best food in Eugene”

Ranked #159 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a restaurant has hands down the best food but it is in a very very small place . Service is good but tables are close . This is what happens when you put great fresh food in a small place . The menu is hand written each week to assure freshness , I see the chef at the local market and the local fish market often . He hand pick each vegetable , and seafood . When he goes on vacation he puts a note on the door saying when he will be closed due to vacation . This is a place where the chef really loves his craft . This is a must visit . There is a little store across the parking lot with a vast selection of wine , the restaurant has a cork fee so you can go in the jiffy market and pick a great wine to go with the great food .

2  Thank Anthony D

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tucked away from the maddening Eugene crowd (I think on purpose) there is an unassuming restaurant which boasts one of the best chef's on the west coast. I have dined here with my dad on several occassions. I have been visiting my dad every September for quite a few years now and this place is always on our list. The meals are epic...chef Bruno never disappoints! If you find yourself in Eugene, OR and are looking for an exceptional dinner, I highly recommend this restaurant. It is cozy and a bit quirky, but the food is so good, you hardly notice anything else.

1  Thank pnelson406
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Bruno is a great chef. The menu changes weekly but retains some regular items like the Chicken Schnitzel. Salads are good to split so you have plenty of room for the wonderful flavors of your entree. Best keep secret in Eugene!!!

1  Thank janie210
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've been eating here for years, I can't believe that I have never reviewed the Chef's Kitchen before now.

Simply stated, this is by far my favorite restaurant in Eugene. The menu changes weekly and the quality of the food both in ingredients and skill of preparation is on par with any restaurant in Portland. In a city that sorely lacks fine dining establishments, this place is a notable exception.

As others have noted it is expensive to eat here, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our son gave us a gift certificate for Bruno's Chef's Kitchen. My understanding is that Bruno was the head chef for the Grateful Dead for years (true or not true? I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me!). You have to look to find this restaurant. No major glam and glitze to give away the incredible food or staff that are inside. There is covered, outdoor dinning during the day but inside, the place is small, quaint with about eight to ten tables total. I had to laugh at the paper napkins! Only in Eugene would a restaurant this upscale would use paper napkins - don't let them, or the homey, somewhat casual decor, fool you though! This place for food and service is on a par with any great restaurant in Los Angles... and so are the prices! That is the only thing that will keep us from many returns to Brunos. Dinner for 2 and shared desert was over $65 (not including gratuity, of course!). But, you can expect excellent, warm service and a generous portion of wonderfully prepared, food for your money. This is a gourmet delight, not just some local diner!

Been to Bruno's Chef's Kitchen? Share your experiences!