“Beautiful room, incredibly comfortable bed, clean, clean, clean”

Best Western New Oregon
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had to travel to Eugene on business and spent two nights at the New Oregon. We have stayed here before but switched to a Best Western elsewhere in town as the rooms and service had deteriorated. We came back for this stay as location was very important. We were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms had been updated and were clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Double sinks in the bathroom area were really handy as we prepared for a long day in meetings.
The Continental breakfast was sufficient, though I wish there were more fruit and healthy choices available - very heavy on the breadstuffs. We never did see a staff member in the breakfast room.
Our room was available as reserved upon arrival. It was quiet around the building and what staff we did encounter were friendly enough.
Biggest complaint was probably that neither of our requested wake-up calls were made. Thank goodness we set the alarm or we may have been late to some very important appointments.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Excellent hotel located directly across the street from the University of Oregon, as a college tour was to purpose for our visit. Since parking is difficult, not to mention pricey on the campus, this Best Western is THE ideal hotel as you can cross the street at a traffic signal, then walk everywhere you need to on campus.

We stayed in the newer rooms overlooking the river and the only downside was that the hotel free wi-fi signal was rather weak. The staff was very friendly, the continental breakfast was adequate and our room was a nice size for an adult and teenager. I am sure we will return here often, to visit our son when he starts at the university.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TaylorRose
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed here several times but the last two times I've stayed the rooms have had an unpleasant smell.
The room we had on our recent stay smelled like wet wood and cigarette butts. The room before had a very musty moldy smell. I tried airing it out but that didn't help. I requested another room. I was handed a key and told to try the room 2 doors down. Same nasty smell. I tried a 3rd room happily with no odor.
I agree with other posters that the desk staff could use some improvement.
I'll be staying elsewhere my next visit to Eugene

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank cvwv
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I generally love this hotel and stay here often. The workout facility is fantastic, the location is great, and the staff has always been great. I have always enjoyed my stay until they hired "Donny" His disrespectful and sassy attitude about something as simple as giving me a remote for the one that was missing from my room was incredible. I recommend staying here, but if Donny is working the front desk, consider going somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank MikeinMedford
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We visited here for Introducktion for our new UO student (they had a Duck rate too). The location is excellent, you can easily walk to campus as well as Autzen Stadium and a nice park. On booking I had thought we had a balcony, but we did not. Make sure you book early. Clean, clean, clean. Rooms were tiny. Swimming pool area and fitness room were also spotless. I even left behind an iPod and they returned it to me!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony, I so wanted one! The weather was superb and it would've been nice to enjoy it...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Right across the street from the univ. of Oregon. Perfect place to stay to tour the campus (which we did). You are right across the street from where you will pick up your tour. Nicely appointed rooms. Clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room away from the road at back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel works really well if you are wanting to head to the University of Oregon campus. We rented two rooms -- one for our teenage boys with Queens and another with a King for my husband and I. We needed a rollaway for our 3rd teen which was uncomfortable and didn't really fit in the floorspace of the room without taking out some furniture. Since I had booked this with a rollaway I'm not sure why they gave us such a small room, I would have paid more if they had told me of that problem. However, the price of this hotel (which is more like a motel since all the doors we saw opened to the parking lot) was amazing. A bit more than $100/night. The beds and linens were wonderful. We all had a great sleep (except the cot was not comfortable at all). The bathrooms were small but clean and adequate for one night. We walked across the street to our campus tour. VERY convenient!
The front desk clerks were all helpful and nice. Our visit went very smooth.
The breakfast buffet was a nice spread -- hard boiled eggs, yogurts, cereals, muffins, pastries, you name it. My boys LOVED the automatic pancake machine! Fresh pancakes at the push of a button in 2 minutes. I tried them as well. Yum! The service at breakfast was EXCELLENT. Whenever the were about to run out of anything it was immediately replenished. Coffee and beverages were readily available and good quality.
We do recommend that you go out of your way to have ice cream at Prince Pluckers on
19th and Agate. We also really liked McMenamin's Cafe across the street. Their pizza and salads were excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family