“A clean, reliable option in a sea of motels and inns...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed August 25, 2010

My fiancee and I stayed here for four evenings following a below-average experience at a nearby inn.

Our room was clean and quiet. Walls are thin so you will hear your neighbors if they're loud or disorderly after-hours, but the front desk staff will respond quickly if it becomes an issue.

The hotel offers a lot of free amenities - parking, unsecured wi-fi, hot and continental breakfast, and newspapers - and is walking distance from restaurants, a supermarket, and the UO campus.

If you benefit from points or miles programs with chain hotels, there are few options in downtown Eugene. We chose this hotel over the others for its free parking. Its rates are more expensive than nearby motels and inns, but its cleanliness is well worth paying more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed here on August 12, 2010. Lots of highway construction nearby on I5 and also at the University but room was very quiet. Excellent restaurant The Boulevard is right next door.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for one night on our way back to California from a trip to Oregon and Washington. The hotel is clean and staff is friendly. The rooms are a good size for three people. WiFi is free and good. Our shower drain didn't work without a washcloth tucked into it to keep it open and the fan cover for the bathroom fan looked to be falling out which I told the front desk as we were leaving. Also, beware that you have to ask for shampoo/conditioner. This is the first time I've encountered that, so was not prepared when I was read to shower! The complimentary breakfast had a nice selection of items for a quick breakfast. The location isn't the best, as it is on a big main street a little far from downtown for comfortable walking, but it is close to U of Oregon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

First off, the room was huge. I had a double and it was bigger than most of the 4-5 star hotels I usually stay in. The decor was contemporary and well done. The beds were comfy with a choice of soft or supportive pillows. The walls were a little on the thinner side, but didn't get in the way of sleep at all. Very clean - I walked around barefoot, which I normally don't do. Love the duvet cover, since bedspreads skeeve me out. The front desk people were so nice and accommodating: I was running late from a meeting and missed my check out time - they called me and let me have a late check out. Pretty good location near the University. It's a walk to the middle of things, but there's a coffee spot in the parking lot and bus stops right out front. Free parking. I was going to stay at the Hilton downtown and am SO glad I stayed here instead. I saw my friend's room at La Quinta near Autzen and would much rather have stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I couldn't believe this was a Holiday Inn Express! The room was beautiful, modern, and clean. This is the best Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in by far.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Spent one night here in a room with separate sleeping area. Beautiful clean room more reminiscent of a Sheraton or Marriott without some of the amenities. Main living room was large with a dining room table, two sofas (one pulled out) a fireplace with a 42 inch flat screen mounted above and a big granite counter top with bar sink, microwave and bar fridge.

Pillows were excellent and had embroidered cases that identified them as "soft" or "firm"
Toiletries were above average, however the only dishware was plastic cutlery, a few paper plates and four plastic cups
Bathroom was lovely with a jetted tub, two sinks, separate tiled shower and separate toilet room.

We did not encounter any noise that others have reported.

Breakfast was nice and a welcome bonus to the stay. The breakfast area is large and very well appointed. I understand that HI has upped their game recently and hot breakfasts are now standard.

Location was good. Just off I5 but far enough to be away from any noise. The restaurant next door looks a little dated but the food was surprisingly good. Menu was kind of a throwback too, mainly steaks, seafood and pasta.We also got 10% off thanks to a coupon given to us by the front desk clerk at the HI.

Definitely would stay at this property again. Spent the next night at a HI Express in Burlington Wa. Booked the same room type and while it was OK, there was no comparison to this property.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wwTraveler1
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This is a fairly new hotel in a great location. Walking distance (or short drive) to U of Oregon campus and many wonderful local restaurants. The hotel was very clean (which is not a given for new hotels), rooms were large, and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was above average for HI Express - hot and well maintained.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business