Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our two night stay here. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, esp Devon and Buck. Everything was clean. Breakfast was very good. Beds are great for my neck!! Highly recommend. Don't worry about nearby construction. You don't hear it

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelerdebBaltimore
SarahSmithGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel property! And giving a Shout Out to our staff! It really means a lot to us that you recognize their efforts. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you again when your travels bring you to our neck of the woods.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was gorgeous and exactly what I expect for a Holiday Inn Express. Customer service was pretty good, though on two occasions I needed the assistance of front counter staff and I watched them chat for about fifteen and twenty additional seconds after looking at me. I realize this may not be a concern for most and it isn't a huge deal to me, but I was surprised that I was not acknowledged immediately and given a gesture to let me know they would be with me shortly. However, an employee named Mallory hit a home run with customer service. She was attentive, friendly, professional and I enjoyed her appropriate but light-hearted sense of humor. Another employee impressed me as well. I wish I had taken down her name, but one of the employees in the breakfast area was also polite, attentive, professional and working very quickly and diligently to make sure the food was stocked and tables were clean for the next guests to use.

They had a pool and hot tub for those who use them. Unfortunately the exercise room only had cardio equipment and no weights. I do realize this is a liability and many hotels do not provide them, but I was hopeful.

The room was clean and spacious, the noise was minimal and the bed was very comfortable. In summation, I will stay again and I feel confident recommending the hotel to others needing a room.

Room Tip: I requested a room with limited road noise. The gentleman at the counter told me he selected the ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank K W

First, I would like to apologize that you did not receive top notch service from all of our staff. Without you there would be no us. We have discussed this with all our staff members, and I am glad that Mallary impressed you with her service. It means a lot to be recognized in such a way by a guest. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay, we hope you return soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Good location we used for our trip South from Seattle to San Francisco. Just of the highway. The town is very nice, hotel was clean. Staff extremely friendly and helpful and understood the importance of customer service, which cannot be said for all HI hotel staff. If you are in the area, then this is a good choice.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was a very nice HIE and our room, which was a king suite, was a home run for the price. Very large and complete w/ mini kitchen. Everything was exceptionally clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were a bit nervous at first when we pulled in because construction is occurring in very close proximity to multiple sides of this hotel. There was nobody working while we were there on the weekend, though, so the room was extremely quiet. There really isn't anything to look out the windows at anyway. The breakfast is standard HIE but its one of the best free breakfasts in a hotel chain and everything was refilled and hot. And we got some nice cookies upon check in. Nice indoor pool area and easy on and off to major highway.

Room Tip: Due to construction I'd prob ask for higher floor rooms towards the front or front sides of hote...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very comfortable, quiet room, good price compared to other options. Nicely laid out room with everything you need. Staff was helpful and friendly. Good location for all University related needs. Breakfast was usual Holiday Inn Express fare and items were restocked regularly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family stayed here for two nights, and this has been one of the better/best hotels we have stayed in. The pool was good, and it was clean. They had a hot tub, and it help relax the adults muscle while the kiddos swam in the pool.

The breakfast was great. They had a pancake machine, which was pretty cool. This was the first time we seen it in a hotel. They had yogurt, fruit, cereal (for the kiddos) and all many other options. There were so many food for breakfast that we couldn't decide what we should eat. Definitely one of the better breakfast.

The room was spacious and update. We got a suite and it had a couch/living room area for my kiddos to play in. The suite came with an outside sink and microwave. The rooms came with utensils, I believe the room came with paper plates, paper towel and cups. It really did help when the pizza guy didn't give us any plates. Very nice bathroom, the shower was high enough, so it helped with washing his hair. The bed was very comfortable and nice.

Bonus: There was a Dutch Brothers outside of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Perfect place to stay if you are visiting UO. We went up in Mid January, it was cold and there was a demolition construction job happening right next door to the property. Nothing that the Hotel could do though, and really didn't bother us much...we were kind of impressed as to how quickly the demo was taking place. Anyway, the staff at the hotel was more than wonderful and our accommodations were clean and comfortable. We will return again when we can get their prices to go down a bit as others are a bit cheaper in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family