“Best accommodation on a week long business trip”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Golden, Canada
“Best accommodation on a week long business trip”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is top notch. Spacious well appointed rooms with new flat panel tv. Everything the business traveler needs. Good comfortable beds. I slept well. Friendly staff. Conveniently located. Access off of Franklin could be tricky if you are not watching. Breakfast was average. I like sausages and there was none. Fruit was limited to a few browning bannas. All in all the best stay of our week long business trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SarahSmithGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property! We aim to please. I'm sorry your breakfast was not as wonderful as the rest of your stay. We do offer sausage on a rotating schedule, along with ham and bacon. So it sounds like unfortunately it was not served the day of your stay; however, in the future please don't hesitate to ask our breakfast staff if you don't see something out because we will do our best to accommodate our guests' requests. Fresh bananas are a staple of the Holiday Inn Express brand breakfast, and the perfect banana can be hard to come by year round. We do always have a fresh bowl of seasonal fruit such as apples, oranges, pears or grapefruit located in the lobby to add to breakfast, or as snack on the go throughout the day. I sincerely appreciate your feedback again, and we will continue to try and make every guests stay a great one. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed October 30, 2013

An incredible find in a college town. Well situated, impeccably kept, staff is professional and helpful, rooms were large, clean and comfortable - a terrific value. I would recommend this to anyone. The only drawback was parking - which can be a challenge due to space limitations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2013

IHG properties are my hotels of choice due to reasonable prices for very good accommodations. My loyalty (platinum member for 9 straight years) is normally rewarded with upgrades and fine service. The treatment I received from Eugene Holiday Inn Express exceeded my tough standards. Upon check-in for a four day business trip, I was upgraded to the King Spa Suite. Very impressive room. When I mentioned to the front desk that I would appreciate if they could provide milk when I returned from the work-site that I could keep in my room to satisfy a special diet, I was again surprised to open my room refrigerator and seeing the milk I requested was placed in my room. The fitness room equipment was exactly what I needed (as they are at almost every IHG property) and everything worked. Being on the road for over 60 to 100 days a year is difficult but a hotel staff that sincerely cares about their guests helps make the time on the road just a little easier. I tip my hat to two of the truly outstanding employees at this facility: Kaitlan and Joslyn. Eugene is a lovely area. If you find yourself here for either business or pleasure, I would recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here while getting son set up in new place at U of O. Have stayed at another hotel in Eugene that was $150 more per night and further away. VERY helpful and friendly staff who went out of their way to assist me. Will be booking here for the remainder of my U of O visists.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I chose Holiday Inn Expresses because they are predictable in a positive sense. They are typically either relatively new or recently refreshed. Rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. This HIE was what I expect (and I stay in Holiday Inn Expresses 80-100 nights per year). What made this one stand out was the staff. Pleasant, efficient, accommodating. They went above and beyond.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank technocleric
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here while our son moved in to the University, terrible room. Room was noisy, could hear people next door talking, could hear people above us walking back and forth across their room. And when the toilet upstairs flushed it sounded like a waterfall in our room. Would never stay again and never recommended to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank scott s
SarahSmithGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so very sorry that your stay was so terrible. We strive everyday to provide a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere where are guests can gather and rest. This is not what we provided you and for that I am sorry. Dropping off a child at the University is an exciting and stressful time. If you ever do come back to the area I would sincerely appreciate an opportunity to make this right for you. Top floor rooms on the inside of the building tend to be the quietest. Again, if you are ever in the area please contact us, and ask for either the Guest Services Manager or General Manager and we will make sure your stay is exceptional.
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days during college freshman move-in. Unbelievably convenient- right across from east end of campus, next to great grocery store. Very spacious rooms, decent continental breakfast, and very cleanly and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013