I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Eugene in late June during the Olympic Trials. The hotel is relatively new and is well maintained. It has good proximity to the University of Oregon campus--about a one mile walk. My room on the back was quiet. I had a suite which was of good size, but only had one window and it wasn't located near the reading chair. Artificial room lighting was fair.
The bath was nice with lots of hot water and a good shower head. There was plenty of counter space in the bath. The bed was comfortable and had an assortment of pillows, helpfully labeled firm and soft. The window air conditioner was powerful and the thermostat worked well. My room was next to the noisy ice maker, but the bed was at the far end. I thought the breakfast buffet was mediocre, especially watery juices, but the breakfast room was pleasant and bright.
The front desk staff seemed to have an attitude problem. They seemed to be irritated or felt imposed upon in response to what I thought were reasonable guest requests. They always complied eventually, but grudgingly.
All in all, I found the positives to outweigh the shortcomings. Because of the hotel's newness and convenience to the campus I would return, but get a room away from the ice maker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Eugene s leading Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites! We are just steps away from the University of Oregon, Autzen Stadium, and the historic Hayward Field. Stay with us and cheer on your Ducks for any sporting event! Families enjoy our Spacious Suites and Complimentary Hot Breakfast while business travelers take advantage of local business only a few short blocks away and complimentary wireless and hard lined internet options through out the entire hotel. Everyone can appreciate our helpful and knowledgeable staff that can get you where you need to go or help you relax. You have endless shopping and dinning options as we are in the heart of Eugene, with the brand new Boulevard Grill next door and many other down town dinning options to choose from. Eugene is known as the World s Greatest City of Arts & Outdoors and when you stay with us you have access to the best with Alton Baker Park s renowned running and biking paths located just behind the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Eugene is proud to be Oregon s School Activity Association s headquarter hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Eugene
- Holiday Inn Express Eugene
- Holiday Inn Eugene
- Eugene Holiday Inn