“A decent stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I can't really complain too much because we had a decent night's sleep despite our room being directly in front of the elevator--I think we were so exhausted we would have slept through anything. The beds were actually fairly comfortable, on the softer side of support. Definitely a clean room--the downstairs hallway/entry area was kinda messy/wet floors, (smell of chlorine) due to guests running around after swimming, but tolerable. My biggest complaint, which is not the hotel's fault, is that there is a rather sketchy motel (alley way) directly behind the facility, so when parking at night, we hesitated to get out of the car as some creeper guy sat outside a room on the step smoking and gawking. This unsettled us a bit, so we sought a space closer to the front of the hotel which was well lit.
The hotel staff were friendly enough. Its proximity to U of O is within walking distance. The continental breakfast was good-fairly typical, but well stocked and had a decent variety. Wish I had gotten the $70 rate as mentioned in previous reviews! If given the opportunity to return to the Eugene area, I might stay there again if I can get the cheaper rate!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We needed a central place to stay between Seattle and the San Francisco Area, so we chose Eugene. We picked this hotel for the price and what seemed to be good location off of I-5. Despite a rocky start trying to FIND the place (using the instructions from the website) we were very pleased with it once we DID find it.

The rooms are very nice--contemporary and well-designed. We had a room with two queens and a sofabed which was spacious enough for the 4 of us (two adults and our two teenaged kids). The temperature control is tricky (although many hotels are like this) since the bed closest to the unit freezes to death while the sofabed stays too warm, but that's a minor issue.

The bathroom was large and well-appointed--very clean and with plenty of fluffy towels. There's a pool and hot tub which was nice after a day in the car. Breakfast was good--plenty to choose from, even some hot items, which was really nice.

I'd recommend this one!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stopped in Eugene while on our way home from Seattle to the Bay Area. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. We had a wonderful experience. The hotel even upgraded us to a King suite. The hotel is walking distance from the University of Oregon so we looked around the beautiful campus. The hotel has an indoor pool and free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

A little too expensive but it was really a nice, spacious, clean room. The reason why I rated as a 4 is the noise level; train in the area and refrigerator made lots of noise. Other than those negative points, I was happy with the rest. Very clean room and lots of towels..... I will for sure stay in Holiday inn express again.

Room Tip: Do not pick the rooms facing the grill restaurant, it tends to be noisy. If the only choice you hav...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week while touring the university. Better than average room and a comfortable bed. The staff was equally as nice. Great value at $70 per night and within walking distance of the U of Oregon Admissions Office.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank colotravelbug
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I'm not a fan of HI or HIE. Not at all. I took a chance and got my room on Hotwire. I was very pleasantly surprised!! I would book directly and stay at this property again. On Hotwire it was a decent value at $70+
Nice, clean, quiet, modern rooms
Very comfortable beds, particularly for a HIE. The best I've experienced at a HIE!!
Excellent breakfast
Good staff - courteous at check-in/out
Good WiFi
Good TV and selection
Uncertain about food choices as I checked in rather late and stayed for 1 night

Room Tip: Consider a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jack B
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We are always treated well at Holiday Inns. This one in Eugene was no exception. We had some problem with the noise above us, so I would suggest that you go for the top floor, which I usually do, but my husband wanted to stay on the lower floor. Mistake!!! But the mistake was not this very good motel. The food was the usual stuff, wish they would upgrade it. The room was large, clean and well provided. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Would stay again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the valley are away from the freeway. top floor will have no children over your...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple