“Our favorite Thai restaurant in Eugene”
Review of Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine Eugene - CLOSED

Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine Eugene
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Have eaten here several times since discovering it a couple of years ago, and it has been consistently good every time. Deliciously fresh cuisine, some of which is traditional, but some is what I would call 'Nouvelle Thai'...innovative combos that surprise and delight! I am particularly fond of their ginger lemon drop cocktail, too (made with ginger volka). The service has been a little uneven of late...training new waitstaff, I presume. If something's not right, though, they will try to make it so.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have eaten there many times and never disappointed. I have gluten issues and it is very easy to order what I want. They have a nice presentation of the food.

1  Thank Reswob
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have always had enjoyable meal. Especially fond on the #70 Hawaiian fried rice served in a pineapple halfshell. It comes with shrimp and chicken but I always ask for the "shrimp and shrimp." Lots of vegies: peas, tomatoes, green onions plus cashews. Getting hungry all over agin just typing this review.

1  Thank david97402
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food and good atmosphere. Located downtown, so a bit hard to find parking but worth it. You can spice your food "up or down" according to your taste. Lots of choices to please everyone in your party.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We returned to Sweet Basil for Valentines day dinner, and were NOT disappointed. It's been a couple of years since we've been there, but the food is still some of the best Thai we've had outside of Bangkok. They have an extensive dinner menu, with just about anything you'd care to have, and you can choose your spice level from Very Mild to Very Hot! Since my wife doesn't like spicy, and I do, we do just fine. The service is good but often slow because they were VERY busy. Go there!