“The best peanut sauce ever!”
Review of Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine Eugene - CLOSED

Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine Eugene
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been to Sweet Basil 4 times now over the last month, and we have been very pleased every time. Great food, and the people are wonderful.

1  Thank michale51862
There are newer reviews for Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine Eugene

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I came here with two other people and we were all in agreement that this was bad. Bad food, bad service. We left hungry since we were not able to eat our food. Food was spicy and waiter was never around to refill our waters.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed Sweet Basils food and am impressed and how it was presented. The spacing is a bit tight for tables in parking I can be difficult. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

After our waiter (who looked extremely everwhelmed) took our order we watched 3 tables of patrons get served before us. When I inquired about the status of our order he told us he'd forgotten to put in! Within 5 mins my soup arrived but it was the wrong one after we'd already discussed why I didn't want that one. When our food finally arrived it was good, which was a relief. Next came the check. The waiter overcharged us $40! We couldn't find him to tell him so we went to the bartender who corrected the mistake. Needless to say we gave a very minimal tip. When we got home I immediately had diarrhea and di not feel well. Thankfully it didn't last too long and I felt better the next day.We will not return.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Dined here last night about 7:30 pm, and it was not busy (but had been packed earlier when we walked by). There were 3 of us; ordered pad Thai, spicy scallops and a chicken dish. While we did have to wait a little, the food was absolutely deliscious and there was plenty of it. Ordered the sticky rice with Thai custard and oh my, what a great dessert. The fried bananas were piping hot, but a little bland although still good. Also ordered 2 Thai ice teas - a note if you are from out-of-state, the Oregon tap water is wonderful and the restaurant places a water decanter or two on your table. Overall the price was very reasonable, $55 plus tip for a great meal, nice atmosphere and good service.

1  Thank TaylorRose