All reviews hardwood floors downtown eugene mid century updated rooms saturday market would stay here again continental breakfast great shower fridge and microwave comfortable bed light sleeper within walking distance road trip central location hult center nice room fresh fruit
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

The Timbers Motel is a visit to the past combined with good value. Sure the rooms are older and you actually have to put a key in the lock instead of swiping a card, but they are very clean and comfortable. I had a great experience and appreciated the thoughtful staff. The location is right in the heart of downtown Eugene and you can park right outside your door. Nothing is fancy but it's a great value for the price.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2016

I had a confirmed third party reservation for my son for one week, Dec 20 - 27. I phoned on Dec 18 to confirm that my fax w/ required info had been received. I was told it had. On Dec 20 my son was told the paperwork had not been received; I was told the same when I called. Having been lied to I cannot recommend this property.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2016

This is a motel but the rooms are slightly above average. The exterior well decorated with lots of flowers along the upper floor walkways. We had room 208, facing the back parking lot, not much to see but fairly quiet. Room quite attractive, well furnished with a kind of back/white color scheme, large wall mirror with a nice frame. Floor is wood or wood veneer which I prefer to carpeting. Oversized king bed very comfortable, with good quality bedding - duvet covered quilt not blanket - and 5 fluffy pillows. Bathroom small but the sink is outside and that area is quite spacious. A couple of flaws: the aircon is loud although a constant enough noise so you could get used to it, the wifi is awful, basically not working at all, and there are no mugs or glasses in the room so you can't heat any water in the microwave.

Breakfast is served in the office area and and it's not much as it was just tea and coffee and a few tiny pastries. The cups they use are really small so it's inconvenient if you need more than one gulp of coffee or tea since there's nowhere to sit and you have to take everything to your room.

Location of the motel's not bad, on the edge of town which felt rather sleepy. Walking distance to some shops and restaurants, although overall, other than the weekend market downtown there didn't seem to be much going on.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

We stayed two nights Nov 5-6, 2016. Front desk was very helpful room was ready.. Very accommodating when we wanted to change room because of loud traffic noise. New room was slightly quitter but soundproofing was poor, especially when the three partying girls checked in late Saturday night and the the boys showed up about one...interior noises very loud at this motel. Otherwise, room was nice--well, except for the a little too soft beds...
Really, I focused on the negatives and didn't mention that they were largely balanced by the great walk-everywhere location in the middle of Eugene. That part was great! I would just like to have slept a little better!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

I stay here often while visiting my family in the area. Usually I have my dog with me and this is a great place for pets. It has clean and updated rooms and is in a good location downtown.
The doors open to the outside and have somewhat outdated key locks, but I have never had any problems during the four visits I have stayed here.

Date of stay: September 2016