“Convenient, inexpensive, kitschy alternative in downtown Eugene” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Timbers Motel

and 1 more site!
Timbers Motel
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Roseburg, Oregon
“Convenient, inexpensive, kitschy alternative in downtown Eugene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here once in the mid 90s, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is still well maintained in 2013. Clean linens, a new mattress (super firm--liked it more than those at the Hilton), and newer retro furnishings make the room really nice. Flat-screen TV. Love the vaulted ceilings in the second-floor rooms.

The bedspread and curtains are tired and worn; both need replaced, but the room is super-clean. This is such an inexpensive, centrally located choice in downtown Eugene. My partner and I occasionally spend the night in town, as it's halfway between our homes . . . the Timbers is going on our shortlist of hotel options.

Checkout is a strict 11:00 am, and that's the only downside . . . but for no-frills, secure, quiet rooms in town, it has the best price-to-quality ratio.

Room Tip: Get a second-floor room for the vaulted ceilings!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here often during the 1970's early '80's and a week ago after twenty years. The room was as clean as I remembered it; prices very reasonable; the beds comfortable; the cleaning service excellent (I left a tip). My friend and I stayed three nights on business. You can hoof it everywhere in Eugene from the site, including shopping and many restaurants/pubs, with the U of O about a 15 minutes brisk walk away. Best pizza I've tasted outside of NYC is half a block, where they actually use cornmeal to keep the crust thin without getting soggy! Only thing I would recommend if you're noise sensitive or a light sleeper is try to get a room facing the center since there's a little activity in the AM near the back. Certainly not noisy enough to be a deal breaker, and we slept like babies in a downstairs room looking at the bank. The TV cannot be turned up past a certain volume so you neither disturb, or are disturbed by neighbors. Next trip will be pleasure and my wife and I will stay here since you can also drive to the coast in an hour. One of my all-time favorite motels, with the caveat that I don't need pampering, saunas, gyms and room service. If you look for that, you'd rate this a 4 and be pleasantly surprised. Since I don't, it has my highest rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SteveSpokane
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is a very nice motel; clean, confortable and cheap. My room was big, cozy and with a good light. Staff is gentle and helpfully. Near to Timber you can find a lot of places to eat or drink something, some shops; the bus station is really near too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nora187791
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Timbers is great - good location, great prices, easy walking distance to good restaurants. The place to stay in Eugene! Kind of a funky, fifties-feeling; hardwood floors, pine ceilings, a Eugene-esque vibe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had read the trip advisor reviews before deciding to stay at this motel. Most reviews where good. Not in my opinion, in fact I'm wondering if by chance we were given a room that was exceptionally the worst of all their rooms. When my husband and I walked into the room there was s strong musty odor, the carpet felt " moist " to our bare feet, there was a dirty towel hanging in the bathroom, the receptionist was patronizing, the walls were paper thin, the heater made a LOT of noise, not just ambient noise. The bathroom door was scrammed right up against the toilet. Because our check in was late, we slept in the queen size bed that was supposed to be a king, woke up, surfed the Internet found another motel , packed our stuff , without even showering, and ran fast out the door to our car. I don't know how any one could say great value. The only plus side was the location, downtown.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SaraDuane
timberseugene, Manager at Timbers Motel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
99 percent of the time it is quiet here at Timbers Motel. Once in a while there can be noise considering the amount of guests we have like any other motel/hotel. Sorry that you had a bad experience but give us another try. I am sure it will be better.
Chehalis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We decided to try this little hotel based on the reviews we saw on trip advisor. It's not fancy, but it is clean and inexpensive. The desk help was competent and friendly. Our room was clean and had a comfortable bed. They allow pets which is a must-have for us. We will stay here again if we need a room in Eugene in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terri P
Banks, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in Eugene for a seminar & booked one night at The Timbers. I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived. My room was quite spacious & sparkling clean. The heating/cooling system provides ambient noise that blocks out any sounds from the street. Bed was comfortable with nice thick pillows. Location is right downtown- near the bus depot, which is possible a negative. I was travelling alone, but felt comfortable & secure. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo