“Best Food in Eugene bar none”

Beppe & Gianni's Trattoria
Ranked #9 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hard to believe they have any scores below five. Ate there a dozen times and never disappointed, even a little. Pastas great but fish dishes are truly outstanding. Highly recommend

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

When going to this restaurant, you will want to consider a reservation. A group of us walked into an entrance that was standing room only on a Monday night. Tables are spaced very close together and the space is very loud but worth going. The food was enjoyed by all and our waitress was extremely proficient. Save room for dessert! We had several different selections at the table and would recommend all of them, however if the pound cake and olive oil is one of the specials make sure to try it.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Food was exceptional! From the wine to the dessert, all of our courses were wonderful. Homemade pasta, sauces, and desserts aim to please. Service was excellent and attentive. Will definitely eat here again when visiting Eugene.

1  Thank Annette S
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were warmly greeted at the door and shown to a table by the window. Our waitress took our appetizer order and enumerated the specials - three seafood dishes - and the seafood was from a local purveyor - Newport's. But, I knew what I wanted once I saw the menu online - their amazing riff on the classic Italian Eggplant Parmesan. This was more like an eggplant enchilada -with the eggplant as the tortilla filled with parmesan, spinach, mozzarella and dried tomato smothered in pomodoro. Absolutely superb! My caprese was really great too! My daughter had Pappardelle con Carne - pasta with braised beef in a sauce made with Chianti, tomatoes and garlic. She loved it! We'll be back.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The restaurant is in an older Eugene remodeled home and is quite lovely throughout. We arrived at 5 pm on a Thursday and were seated right away. The restaurant quickly filled up and by the time we left around 6 pm there were several couples waiting. They do not take reservations.

Seating: The major complaint I have is the seating. The tables are extremely small. They had to take our bread dish away just to make room for the main entree. There were two couples sitting across from us and it appears like their table for 4 was no bigger than 2 of our tables put together. The tables were so close together that whenever a server serviced their table, the server's rear end was nearly touching our table. It was one of the most uncomfortable seating arrangement I have experienced at a restaurant. Bottom line is there are simply too many tables in the restaurant. The worse part is that they are extremely small and too close together. Was it loud? Yes. The appearance to me was that since business is good, they try to squeeze as many in as possible. Regardless of anything else, this alone would keep us from returning.

Wait staff: Excellent! They were prompt, attentive and professional.

Food: The food was average. Not excellent and not bad, simply average. In my opinion I couldn't tell much difference between this food and one of the larger "chain" restaurants. I had lasagna which was just average. My wife had the "bishops hats" a ravioli looking pasta shaped in the form of a bishop's hat. Her dish was slightly better than mine but still nothing that would cause us to order it again.

Parking: While they do have parking, I suggest you do not bring a mid-size or larger SUV. We did and could not turn around and drive out. We had to back out a long driveway all the way into the street which was not the easiest thing to do. Street parking is limited as this is a residential area and much of the street parking appears to be taken up by residents.

Since the food alone is not enough to draw us back and the seating is so awful, it is unlikely we will return.

1  Thank joe928