“Closest thing to an Italian vacation”

Beppe & Gianni's Trattoria
Ranked #8 of 620 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Closest thing to an Italian vacation”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I had just returned from Italy last year when we tried this place for the first time. Recently, we went again, and both times we felt like we back in Florence. The service was attentive but let us take our time through the meal. The atmosphere is cozy and feels like many of the little places we enjoyed in Italy (we sat out on the patio the second visit). Best of all, the food is truly handmade, and includes all of our Tuscan favorites. We tried to eat Italian style, with some thing from all the courses, but we were able to share one item for a couple of the courses. Try the "bishop hat" pasta, and don't forget to leave room for one of their desserts, especially the awesome cakes.

Eugene, Oregon, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian restaurant in Eugene”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Try the house-made ravioli or lasagna - you will not be disappointed. The salads are also perfect - very fresh.The hazelnut-crunch chocolate cake is very, very good (if your have room for it!) The service and ambiance are excellent - you can go as your are, or get dressed up for a special evening out.

Visited August 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not That Great”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant. I had pesto sauce and pasta, which stuck together like glue. I did not taste any garlic or pine nuts in the sauce and it was very thin. My husband had the lamb and beef ragu over pasta, which he liked. He asked for a side dish of meatballs and sausage, and was told they do not make them. I never heard of an Italian restaurant not serving meatballs or sausage. We did have the bean soup, which was bland. Won't be back.

Eugene, OR
“Too expensive for the experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I hate to say this but I would rather go to Olive Garden any day. After hearing so many good things about this place I decided I had to try it out. Other reviews are spot on in that it is very busy. They don't take reservations so we waited at the bar with a glass of wine - the waiter "guessed" it was okay that we take our wine with us to the table instead of paying for it seperately at the bar? Our server was a little spacey - and border line negligent. It took quite a while for us to get our food and when we did I was VERY disappointed. My "bishop hat" pasta was nauseatingly oily and my husband's marinara was incredibly acidic. The portions were actually very small too. If it hadn't been for the 2 baskets of bread we consumed waiting for our food then we probably would have left hungry. After a bottle of wine, salads and main courses our bill was over $90 - which I was expecting...but the level of service and quality of food definitely didn't warrant this kind of charge. I won't be going back.

• Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California
“A family neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is not by any means a four star Italian restaurant. If you are expecting a fine or nice San Francisco or New York or Seattle Italian restaurant, this is not the place.
What it is is a causal place anyone can go to, children as well.
It's a place for a bowl of hearty pasta and a glass of wine. Don't get me wrong it's good hearty Italian food, kinda Americanized. It's not refined or like you would eat in Italy.
The place is always packed, the service is really good and friendly. It's a very relaxed atmosphere.
Good food, decent wine, good desserts. Don't expect 4 or five star. But do expect good food and good friendly service.