“Decent Value if a little outdated”

Travelodge Eugene Downtown
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Good Value, location is fairly good, close to restaurants.
Room was ok, but you get what you pay for, and we wanted budget accomodation. The bathroom is quite dated, however the room had a fresh coat of paint, so they obviously care about their place.

Bed was comfortable, Free breakfast was good, and we filled up our cooler with their ice before camping on the coast. Staff knows the area, and I will stay here again if ever in Eugene.

Internet was fine.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2009

My fiancee and I stayed here for a week while loking for a place to live since we were moving to the area. Great place to stay for the money since about everything I wanted to see was within walking distance; the UO campus and downtown. The room was clean and not huge, but more than sufficed for our needs. The bathroom decor was outdated, but clean nonetheless and fantastic for the money. The breakfast they provided was not extravagant, but quite adequate for us (beagles, oatmeal, muffins, apples, coffee/tea and orange juice are what I can recall of). The front desk staff was always helpful when we had any questions. The only minor downside was that the pool water was a little cloudy, while I dont doubt that it is cleaned with the proper chemicals/amounts I wasnt too keen on getting in it more than the once that I did. Thee free WIFI was nice to check e-mail and such.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I was in Eugene for just a couple days and needed someplace easy and convenient. This fit the bill. The bonus was it was very cheap and I asked for the discount on their website that made it even a better deal! Close to the freeway and downtown. Granted, this is an older hotel and the room is very dated. But they keep it clean and it has been updated. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have found. Lots of channels on the TV. I did not get to use the outdoor pool, but it looked very nice. Breakfast was served in the office. There was the usual oatmeal and toast and bagels, but also hard boiled eggs and delicious jumbo muffins cut into quarters. The coffee was drinakble. My only complaint was no milk. I was in a no smoking room, so no problems with smell like the other review mentioned. I was able to us the computer in the office for email and to print my plane tickets, so overall a great place to stay. I do have one negative comment, the shower was the very worst shower I have ever had in my entire life! Something is wrong with the pipes and I could not regulate the water temperature at all. The showerhead was so aerated it was like a thousand freezing cold pins a needles. I ended up standing in the shower with the faucet running and scooping up water with the wash cloth to rinse off.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Smokey, old and run down; needs a complete overhaul. Bed was comfortable, pillows good, but room dark and smelled like someone was smoking in it the entire time. Friendly front staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We stayed here one night, thought it was good. I liked the setup with the room subdivided into two little rooms with a door, so mom and dad could be in a separate space from teenage daughter. The room was clean and well-maintained, if no great shakes in the decor department. The location was good--walking distance to both downtown and the university district. I got some laundry done here at a reasonable price, so that was good.

The motel is near a major, noisy roadway into the city. To me the room was adequately quiet once the windows were closed, but my wife still thought it was noisy.

At $79, the Broadway Inn was a good value.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wanderer
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel based on trip reviews and found them to be right on. The rooms where basic hotel fare, clean and comfortable and cheap, and quiet. The breakfast was hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast and coffee which was fine for us. Staff was very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I've stayed in half-a-dozen different hotels/motels on various trips from L.A. to Seattle and the Broadway Inn is tied for the best place so far. The room was comfortable, very clean and well-lit. A microwave/fridge (with a little freezer) is included in the price so it saves you even more money since you don't have to dine out if you don't want to. The room had a good-sized television, worktable and a big mirror. The bathroom is spacious, well-lit and the fan is separate from the overhead light which I always appreciate. I didn't use the closet but it was roomy with an iron and ironing board. Good breakfast offered every morning, a nice covered patio outside the main office for guests who want to eat breakfast outside and a pool/lounge area. WiFi is included in the price which I always love to have (and they have free computer access in the main office if you don't have a laptop with you).

This place is perfect for stopping by for a night on a road trip, staying for a weekend to attend a Ducks game, parents visiting students, etc. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great value -- you definitely get the most for your money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo