“Ok if you're on a budget”

Travelodge Eugene Downtown
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Broadway Inn over the weekend of Oct.13/14. Checkin was painless. The room wase clean, although the carpet needed a shampoo or replacement. No extra pillows in the room, but we did have a mini refridgerator.

Be careful when taking a shower; the temps would shift to ice-cold at times, and the only way to avoid it was to run the water uncomfortably hot.

The hotel was very quiet, although this was a football weekend so I can't say how quiet it would be with a lot of rowdy Ducks fans in residence.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaryJZemper
EugeneBroadwayInn, Manager at Travelodge Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

First I want to thank you for leaving us a review. We take our reviews very seriously at the Broadway Inn and upon reading your review we had a plumber come out to check the regulator valve on our hot water heaters. He found that we needed to replace the one we had, which we have done. Extra pillows are always available upon request. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you are in Eugene.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'm rating this motel excellent for a budget motel. It was our favorite of the 9 motels under $95 in which we stayed this summer. The room felt homey and comfortable with our first step into it. The lady who made our reservations & checked us in was very down-home friendly. I prefer this style of motel with ground-floor rooms & handy parking. The breakfast was average continental, but adequate to send us on our way. We would definitly stay here again and recommend it to anyone who wants a comfy, CLEAN room at a great price..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank GrannyShoes
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We rode our motorcycle to the valley from the coast, and happened on this motel from trip advisor. We had an end unit, with a private balcony, and safe parking for the motorcycle. It was within walking distance from many restaurants, and incredibly clean for an older property. We were pleasantly surprised, and will definately stay again on ourt next trip to Eugene!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shirleelynn
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It is what it is - a budget motel. As long as you don't expect the Ritz, this will do you just fine in Eugene. We stayed the night after a Ducks game so it was more than normal, but MUCH less than other similar motels. One huge factor is the location. It is right on the main drag (Franklin) in front of campus. The guy at the desk was bright and cheery. The pool was clean and a great time waster for the kids. Another bonus is the motel is one level so you don't have to worry about stompers above you. Free wifi and continental breakfast (bagels and fruit). I will agree with another reviewer that the bathrooms could use a little updating.

One thing i would have never expected is sound proof walls. Let me back up a bit. When we got home from dinner, we discovered the room next to us was a bunch of college kids having a pre-funk. Now, personally, more power to ya kids. But the fact was my wife and I had our two small kids (4,6) with us and they would be going to bed soon. I didn't want to be THAT guy and tell the college kids they couldn't have their fun, so I went to see if we could switch rooms. Turns out the only one available was on the other side of them. But much to my surprise, when I closed our door, I couldn't hear ANYTHING from their room and trust me, they were being plenty rowdy. Aside from them smacking the wall a couple times (Stanford was in the process of beating USC-yeah!), they weren't a bother at all. The manager even came back and offered another room a while later and we declined.

Bottom line, I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to folks looking for a solid deal on a budget motel in the heart of Duck country.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Drew510
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We needed a brief stop on our journey from Oregon coast to Crater Lake, and so we were looking for a simple, affordable and comfortable accomodation overnight. This hotel matched our needs perfectly. It is a budget hotel, so we didn't have high expectations. There was a problem with the room initially, but the staff was very courteous and willing to help us. In the end, room was large and comfortable. This was the first time that a room was essentially almost 2 rooms, because the two beds were separated by a hallway. So, a 2-bed room turned into a suite of a sort. Heated swimming pool was an added bonus. This is a good hotel for its purpose, and it is situated in very good location - walking distance to a park and downtown alike.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank EugeneTheTraveller
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is my favorite hotel/motel in Eugene! I have been in the industry for 11 years and I know how hard it is to keep an older property moving in the right direction. I have stayed here on two seperate occasions once in 2011 and one time just recently on my wedding night at the end of July 2012. The property seems to be constantly improving itself and the hospitality spirit is conveyed by all of the employees from all departments. The rooms fixtures like tubs and toilets are dated but clean and in above average condition. The HVAC's in the rooms are new I think in 2012 and the LCD TV's too. We love the old time feel of the motel and beuatiful hanging baskets of flowers that are abundant and well taken care of. All of this being said I would reccomend this hotel to anyone I know. With the reminder that this is an old time motel that has not been 100% remodeled but is clean, friendly and has many updated features. Also the rates are very affordable. Can't wait to stay here again! Maybe on our 1 year anniversary!

Room Tip: The rooms above the office are the best but you do have to take the stairs to reach them.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jarrid K
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My mom and I were visiting Eugene for a couple of nights, and I found Broadway Inn on Yelp! and TripAdvisor. We booked a room here with two queen beds, and when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find that each bed was in its own small room. The room was clean and well maintained, although the bathroom shower could use a little updating. That said, it was an affordable, well located choice, and we enjoyed ourselves. The staff was friendly, my mom reported back that the breakfast and coffee was good (I was sleeping in and missed it), and the room had a fridge and microwave. Also, there was a Yelp discount, which helped out on the price, but they also offer AAA and AARP discounts. It sounded like there were lots of repeat visitors from a few conversations I overheard while in the lobby, which seems like a good sign. Check it out while you're in Eugene!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family