“Charm, Character and Cleanliness!”

Broadway Inn Eugene
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, Oregon, United States
“Charm, Character and Cleanliness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is my favorite hotel/motel in Eugene! I have been in the industry for 11 years and I know how hard it is to keep an older property moving in the right direction. I have stayed here on two seperate occasions once in 2011 and one time just recently on my wedding night at the end of July 2012. The property seems to be constantly improving itself and the hospitality spirit is conveyed by all of the employees from all departments. The rooms fixtures like tubs and toilets are dated but clean and in above average condition. The HVAC's in the rooms are new I think in 2012 and the LCD TV's too. We love the old time feel of the motel and beuatiful hanging baskets of flowers that are abundant and well taken care of. All of this being said I would reccomend this hotel to anyone I know. With the reminder that this is an old time motel that has not been 100% remodeled but is clean, friendly and has many updated features. Also the rates are very affordable. Can't wait to stay here again! Maybe on our 1 year anniversary!

Room Tip: The rooms above the office are the best but you do have to take the stairs to reach them.
3 Thank Jarrid K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My mom and I were visiting Eugene for a couple of nights, and I found Broadway Inn on Yelp! and TripAdvisor. We booked a room here with two queen beds, and when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find that each bed was in its own small room. The room was clean and well maintained, although the bathroom shower could use a little updating. That said, it was an affordable, well located choice, and we enjoyed ourselves. The staff was friendly, my mom reported back that the breakfast and coffee was good (I was sleeping in and missed it), and the room had a fridge and microwave. Also, there was a Yelp discount, which helped out on the price, but they also offer AAA and AARP discounts. It sounded like there were lots of repeat visitors from a few conversations I overheard while in the lobby, which seems like a good sign. Check it out while you're in Eugene!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank StillTravelingOn
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to the Coast. The room was adorable/vintage style bathroom and super clean! When we travel we always look for value and cleanliness:) This place had them both. Staff was super friendly and recommended a great restaurant across the street! I would definetly stay here again. We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms...it was facing the pool..but was quiet! We stayed in 4 hotels in our trip out to the coast...this by far was our favorite!!

1 Thank Cin55
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is located in the University District of Eugene. Whenever we come to Eugene, we stay here. One is is centrally located; accepts pets; AND their prices are --for the most part--less than other hotels (and there are a lot of them) in the area. Even though it was built-probably in the 1950's-- they work very hard at updating the rooms. They are clean and restful. The staff is great as well. MOST rooms are on the ground floor. It appears as though there are a couple of rooms upstairs, but as soon as you see it--check their web page--you will see by the layout, that the motor-hotel (as they used to call them) has been around a number of years. Our room--125 was a double queen with a nice work area for your laptop (they have free WiFi ), and a dressing table area and flat screen TV (not all rooms have flat screens yet). There are rooms that are double queens --BUT- in two rooms separated by a bathroom. Good option with kids in the party. Don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Broadway is a busy street during the day. You might request a room toward the rear of the motel.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I pre-planned and stayed here one night while in Eugene, OR. I was pleased with the room and the beds. I read several concerns from other folks and found none of the comments to be true for us. I was not bothered by road noise, train noise or my neighbors and the staff put out more food(bagels, pastries, fruit, applesauce, etc.) when it ran low. Located only 3 blocks away from Voodoo Donuts and the Saturday Market, I was able to walk to both and check out some of the shops in town. It was clean and I felt safe! Close to the U of O it was perfect as far as location. My son loved the pool(very clean and clear).The staff was very friendly, they answered all my questions and helped w/directions. My son left something behind and they kept the item in a secure spot until they found out who owned it.(above and beyond) The bathroom was older, but in a way it was charming to see the old tile and tub. The toilet was very low(grade school height) and would not be good for someone with bad knees. It did not bother me, but I know some would be uncomfortable using it. I was very happy with my experience here and will be back soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at least 3 in from the road!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

For the money, this is an excellent value. We paid $66 for a queen bed/single room. Room was clean bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. Our room had free internet, a small refrigerator, microwave, cable TV, and a small desk and single chair. There was a clothes storage closet with iron and a hair dryer.

Hotel/motel is on busy street , but we had no issues with traffic noise. Hotel staff was friendly and recommended a good place for dinner.

We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
On the Road
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here in late June. We were passing through town, called for a reservation and got the last room. The hotel staff member we spoke to at check-in was very helpful but failed to inform us about the street noise. We stayed in room #20 which is right on the road. A manhole cover on Broadway next to the motel driveway and 20 ft from our bed kept us up all night. Every car passing the motel hit the manhole cover with its front and back tires for a constant THUMP-THUMP. What a disaster. We thought the noise would subside later in the evening as traffic calmed down but no luck. By that point our children were already settled in for the night so we decided to stay put. In the morning we expressed our concerns to the front desk but got no response. We posted an initial review about the street noise on TripAdvisor to which the hotel quickly responded. They offered us a complete refund - which we accepted - plus a 25% discount for a future stay. We appreciate the hotel's quick response and refund but still believe they should warn guests about the street noise or convert the room to something else. We have replaced our original review with this review.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family