“Some times older is better!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Downtown Inn

Downtown Inn
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Olalla, Washington
“Some times older is better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Spent one night in Eugene's Downtown Motel in September. Had researched several Motels close to the train depot on the net, and this one sounded like the best.
I made my reservations on line, and upon arrival we found the Downtown Motel was just as advertised. Had all of the things I find important in a Motel. Good managers, logged us in quickly and efficiently, The room was clean with no odd smells (we had reserved a no smoking room with a single king sized bed.) Bed and bathroom linens were clean and bright, Bathroom and tub were clean, with lot's of hot water. We had a good nights sleep, with only minimal noise form the street. Before check out we tried the Breakfast, found cold Cereal with milk, bananas, coffee(bad!), muffins, and a news paper to read. The price was as listed. Only a seven block walk back to the Depot. We will stay here again.
As an aside, this Motel along with several others in this area, subscribed to a service called Pony Express. Placed upon the table in our room were several menu's from different cafe's in the area. You could make your meal selection from the menu, call Pony Express, and for a flat charge of $4.50 they will go to the restaurant/cafe, place your order and deliver it to your room. Such a deal! Wished others did the same.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oldfolkshere
Henry P, Manager at Downtown Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2015
Thank you for the feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. From everyone here at Downtown Inn we would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your business and wish you safe travels!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

This is my second time staying here from Florida.
I booked for 2 weeks this time ($450) because my housing in
Eugene fell through and my flight doesn't leave till then.
They remembered me & waved the deposit because they said
I was "clean". :)

I had a minor issue with the toilet in one of the remodeled rooms in the front,
they quickly fixed it the next morning. I noticed they had smoking rooms,
and they prompty told me when the next one was available.
It was one of the older type rooms (smaller TV & older furnishings), BUT it had a bigger bathroom & a nice sized TUB, which I prefer to just a shower.
All the appliances worked, the heater heats up the room fast.
Being a lone female, security is important...The lighting is very bright on the outside.
Lots of homeless walking around Eugene, not necessarily violent folk, but if you want
an extra level of security, ask for a room in the front, or by the main office.
FREE WIFI is a HUGE PLUS.
It's close proximity to cool downtown Eugene also hurts the sound levels a bit,
you can hear every car going by. I always wear earplugs when I sleep so
it didn't bother me.
The bed's are comfy, not hard, room is bigger than expected.
I stayed in lots of motels in Florida at a similar price point, and this place
puts them to shame.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank CEBallas
Henry P, Manager at Downtown Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2015
ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Made a reservation on Orbitz and called the motel directly(BIG MISTAKE) to change the reservation for two days later. I was told that it was no problem but when I showed up, they had no rooms and charged my credit card any way. NOT TO BE TRUSTED! STill fighting with my credit card company. Stay away, many more honest motel owners in Eugene.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Eugene, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed at this hotel during the local festival Eugene Celebration and couldn't have been more satisfied! Walking distance to Eugene's downtown and a quick bus ride away to any where you might want to go to enjoy Eugene! It looks very modest from the outside but is kept very clean! The owners of the property are very personable and keep the price very affordable. Don't let the pictures on Orbitz, Hotels.com, or anyother website fool you it is a great motel! Book your room directly through the motel and save yourself the fees the onlines agencys charge and get the same rate!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have to agree with other travelers who like the Downtown Motel for its clean, no-frills, budget rate rooms. I liked that it had that old-timey roadside motel feel to it, yet was newly refurbished, painted, clean and comfortable. It's within walking distance of several restaurants if the simple continental breakfast isn't enough for you. Friendly staff and great rates. If I return to Eugene, I will definitely keep this place in mind.

• Stayed July 2009
Currently Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Basic no frills motel. I did get my requested two queen room. Free wi fi. Right downtown walk to anywhere. If you just need a nice clean place to stay, this is it. So, clean, comfortable, spacious room and well located if you want to be downtown.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Victoria, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

Stayed here enroute from BC to San Diego based on TripAdvisor reviews and price. It was OK and the price reflected its value. Good beds, clean unit in a quiet, decent location is what we wanted and that's what we got. Think of a no-frills motel complex from the 60's but nicely updated.

The clerk was helpful and our expectations were met. A good bet for a short stay.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family