Comfort Suites Eugene(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$114
$89
$101
CandlewoodSuites
$101
Best Western New Oregon(Eugene)(Great Value!)
$121
$109
Inn at the 5th(Eugene)
$229
$206
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastmotor court motelstayed hereolder propertyone nightan early flightroad tripthe owner managerfit the billwill stay there againyogurtqueen roomroom was cleanrestaurants and barsa great stayhard boiled eggsper night
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I'll be honest, this place is kind of a dive but the price is good. The location is very certral to UofO and the rest of Eugene, but you pretty much get what you pay for in terms of the room and everything else -- not that it's all bad. The room I had was relatively quiet and comfortable and appeared to be somewhat clean. There were some stains on the ground and bed cover that probably come with some good stories if the walls could talk but they were tolerable given the price. The room did include wifi, which was super slow, and a very basic breakfast but I guess you can't expect too much with the kind of prices they charge. The people were quite friendly though and that certainly counts for something. All in all, if you are looking for a place to simply lay your head down on the cheap, this is a reasonably good spot. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 14, 2008

This IS one of the older motels in town but the owners are constantly upgrading the rooms to keep them comfortable. New beds and bathroom fixtures this year are good examples.

Walking distance to some GREAT restaurants and the funky west eugene neighborhoods. Just 1 block from the always eclectic live music at the WOW Hall and 2 blocks from the best Pizza in town at Pipeline Pizza.

If you need a place to sleep and don't need luxury this is the place. The people are friendly and will do what they can to help you with whatever you need. I Like IT!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I have been coming out to Eugene from the Midwest about once every other month for the past two years while I have been building a home in the Eugene area. After trying several other motels in the area, I have settled on the Downtown Motel for all of my stays. The couple that runs the place knows me now and always makes sure I have my preferred room. It's clean, the bed is comfortable, it's quite afordable. The room has a fridge and a microwave, which means I don't have to eat out every meal. The wireless internet is great -- something most motels at this price point don't necessarily provide. I have never had any issues with this place.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 26, 2007

My wife and I had a weekend in Eugene to attend a wedding. My family stayed at the Valley River Inn, a much more expensive hotel with not much more value.

Downtown motel is very, very, very basic. Location is great, very close to some excellent food and late night drinking scenes. My only caution is that this IS an older motel. The walls have been painted over many times, the shower is old but tiled, the beds are comfortable but comforters a little worn.

For the price, the Downtown Motel was exactly what I expected. If you are looking for a basic, normal, affordable motel room, the Downtown works very well. If you are expecting more, I would book at the Hilton and pay the premium.
\

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This motel's accommodations are not what is represented.
My reservation was for two queen bed rooms; when we arrived, we were placed in one two bed room that had double beds. The second room had one double bed. When we complained, the manager looked at us with a blank stare and told us there were no other rooms available. We were charged extra for the two additional persons staying in each room; none of this was mentioned on the website for this motel through Orbitz. I had contacted the motel directly two days before our arrival and the morning before we left. Only then did the manager mention the additional charges. When I complained, he offered me a 1/2 price reduction in each of the $10 additional room charges. I confirmed the accommodations we had requested and he informed me of the change from two queen beds per room to one room with 2 queens and one with one queen beds. One party arrived 30 minutes ahead of the second party and was placed in the one-bed room with a roll-away (twin size) offered.
The rooms are bare-bones with few amenities and even those are below par. I recommend not staying there; I won't on any return trips to Eugene.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple