“Positive experience ..”

Express Inn and Suites
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is one of the hotels my company uses when we have to stay in Eugene so I can't comment on price as it was prepaid, The hotel itself is mid to smaller sized and has a fairly small but well designed parking lot, you probably should look elsewhere though if you have a large vehicle or trailer as it would be very tight. This hotel is what I would call a budget hotel but not necessarily a bad thing, there are no frills such as designer soap flat screen tv etc, however the room does have mini fridge microwave, and bedding and bathroom were very clean no musty smell in the room at all, also my room was quite large for the average hotel room, both of the front desk people were very nice and accommodating with smiles, as for the neighborhood I read the previous comment about it being a bad area and I disagree, If you know Eugene it is an older area with older houses but not crime ridden, if you are used to sterile suburbs where everybody is in a car it might seem so as there are many people walking about, but they are mostly regular people going about their business not druggies. I would recommend this hotel if your looking for a clean no frills budget place in Eugene

Room Tip: It's on a one way road stay in the left lane, also a 7-11 directly across street
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nathrach

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were in town for a Ducks game. Our options included paying $150-$200 for a Holiday Inn Express type hotel (most were booked anyway) or a complete dive such as this one for about $75 a night. Sadly, we chose to stay here. Badly stained couch (couldn't sit on it), no updates to any furniture in ages, marginally comfortable bed, hideous decor, hairs in the bathroom, extraordinarily tacky decor. We didn't want our feet to touch the rug because we weren't sure when it had last been cleaned. Creepy and unpleasant. Sadly, the owners were very nice people, which made me want to be kinder in this review. But they really must make the environment cleaner and more appealing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Laura S
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family and i went to Eugene for a short getaway trip. We made our reservations at this hotel last minute because we planned this trip late but we had a great experience staying here. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very kind and friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a fridge, microwave, iron and hair dryer. The TV was an old tube but we didn't care too much about that. It was a good place to sleep for a pretty good price.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We drove to San Francisco for a wedding this past weekend (drove down Wed, came back Mon). We stopped in Eugene Wednesday night (18th) at the Express Inn and Suites based on reviews here and a really good online price. We were very happy with the property. While very simple and a bit dated, the room/lobby/parking lot was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and efficient. I would mention that the neighborhood was a bit sketchy but the motel property was completely fenced and well lit. There was a convenience store right across the street, a grocery store a block down, and several good restaurants within walking distance (though I would be cautious walking after dark). The location was really quiet and we slept very well. We liked the motel enough that we stayed there again when we returned from San Francisco on Sunday night (22nd).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tuckmics
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I arrived way too early before check in and the friendly staff let me put my stuff in the room, recommended a cool place to eat (and it was) and by the time I was done eating my room was ready. I was in town for a Cheap Trick show and it was 99 degrees outside. The air conditioner worked very well and I was cool and comfortable. Nice little couch area and great bathroom w/ fridge, microwave, TV was adequate but got many channels, no big deal. I even had an iron and hairdryer. Bed was very comfortable. For what I paid and how I was treated...this place rocked. Thanks Express, probably see you in AUG for another show and relative visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

was sended to eugene for bussines, and wanted to give to the local bussines a try. so i decided after drive arround for some time choose this hotel for two nights, have to said that the room was clean nd very well keep, got a fridge & microwave that i did not used at all, a small couch was on it too so very happy to stayed on it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business