“Great way to spend an afternoon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of King Estate Winery

King Estate Winery
Ranked #7 of 82 things to do in Eugene
More attraction details
Owner description: King Estate Winery is a family owned Biodynamic(C) vineyard and winery in Oregon's Southern Willamette Valley. Founded in 1991 by the King family, King Estate is committed to producing wines of exceptional quality using organic & sustainable farming methods, meticulous fruit selection, and impeccable winemaking practices. King Estate focuses on producing world-class Pinot Gris and Pinot Noirs, while also producing other excellent varietals under their Acrobat and North by Northwest labels. The onsite King Estate Restaurant is dedicated to pairing premium quality Northwest wines with regional specific culinary plates. King Estate's culinary team, led by Executive Chef Sean Winder, uses seasonal organic ingredients whenever possible, and sources those ingredients as locally as possible. King Estate is 100% owned and operated by the King Family.
Pelham, Alabama
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We took the tour, did the wine tasting (for $5) and indulged in some wonderful desserts while sitting on their outdoor patio. Staff were knowledgeable and super friendly. The view was just incredible. Don't forget your camera!

Visited June 2011

• Korean first
  • Thai first
melbourne
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“Great spot and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

My wife and i had lunch there. Very nice setting, staff and food. Great way to spend a couple of hours. they have some very nice wines as well.

Visited April 2011
Alpine, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My wife and I enjoyed our dinner so much that we returned the next day for lunch and a tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

Sometimes the "off-season" is the best time to see things. There were only three tables occupied during our dinner on a chilly February Friday. The food was superb, as was the service. Our waiter, Aaron, was friendly and knowledgeable. He suggested that we return sometime for a tour and we decided on the next day. He made arrangements for us on the spot.
The next morning we arrived at about 11:30 and met Quentin in the sampling room. After tasting a few wines that we'd missed the night before, Quentin walked us through the entire operation, spending over an hour, explaining the processes and equipment that produce some truly remarkable wine. He is a great teacher and answered all our questions patiently. The buildings and the grounds are truly beautiful. The pictures on the web site don't do it justice.
After a great lunch, we ordered some wine shipped home for us.
If you dine don't miss: the Charcuterie Plate (especially the brandied duck liver pate) and, if you are there for lunch, the Truffle Fries are a must.
The wine: While King Estate is know for its Pinot Gris, our tastes run red. We both liked the "next Red" (an absolute steal at $15). My wife's favorite was the "2009 Acrobat Pinot Noir" ($20) while mine was the "2007 NxNW Columbia Valley Syrah" ($30). The "2007 Signature Vin Glace" ($15) is a great desert wine and another good buy.
Bottom Line: This is a great experience for anyone visiting the Eugene, Oregon area. The food and the wine are terrific and you choose the affordability. The ambiance, the scenery, and the friendly and knowledgeable staff are part of the package.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank FoxfireSteve
Eugene, Oregon
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Amazing Atmosphere. Very Romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

My boyfriend recently took me here for my 25th birthday after visiting other wineries in the area. I have lived in Eugene almost all my life and never ventured to King Estate but I’m sure glad I did. The atmosphere is beautiful, the scenery, the drive up there, everything is relaxing. The wine was fabulous as always and the facilities are spotless. Dinner was great- this is the type of place where you pay for the schmooze so if you are a big eater you may leave hungry- a bit pricy but definitely worth it for a special occasion or if you want to get away from the norm. Dinner was great, a nice place to open presents and have an intimate time with someone special. The lunch menu seems adequate and I plan on definitely going back there for seconds. Try to pick a sunny day as it is so much more pleasant than when it’s raining.

1 Thank Trini4life25
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“AMAZING winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I'm not a big fan of wine, and seldom do I check out wineries, but my girlfriend and I stopped by King Estate as we were driving through Eugene. If paradise existed on Earth, it would be at King Estate Winery. I still have dreams about it.

We arrived early (before opening actually) on a Thursday in July - we were the only ones in the tasting room for a while. I gotta give the bartenders a lot of credit - they are excellent salespeople. Their secret sales formula? Give fun-loving couple generous pours from numerous and various wines. Yes, we were very tipsy and ended up purchasing more wine than I've had in my lifetime. Went on the tour (only because I was drunk, and had to sober up to drive), but I thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful grounds. Lastly, finished our amazing day with lunch on the patio overlooking the vineyard - the best lunch (and burger) ever!

I can not stop recommending and telling people about King Estate. Get there early before the crowds - I promise you'll have an amazing experience even if you're note a wine connoisseur. It's worth a drive wherever you're coming from.

Been to King Estate Winery? Share your experiences!