“It is O.K.”
Review of Chateau Lorane

Chateau Lorane
Ranked #37 of 91 things to do in Eugene
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving tasting was flat.Not all personnel was enthusiastic. testing was $5 per person for 15 wines. Some very good vines. Cool location. Under winery is a nice lake - rented for weddings and events.

There are newer reviews for Chateau Lorane

Reviewed November 29, 2013

First off. I liked the organization of having us all ( about 50) sit at tables serving our pairings and food. I didn't care at all I wasn't with the people I came with. But knowing tons of buses were coming threw. Why someone didn't power wash the covered patio.Cob webs flying and dirty. Mead wasn't my thing. Our group did share a bottle that wasn't in our pairings that was delicious. I was going to do more tastings inside but was told when I entered the building " my group is outside and NO their was no discounts" it was odd I didn't ask.... So I went outside and we drank then we left... I probably would never go back but was happy to get it check off the list. The lake view very pretty

1  Thank pgirl123
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We visited here on a Saturday afternoon for a wine tasting. The person serving us was very friendly and knowledgeable. The wine was just OK. There were some good ones and a few that I didn't enjoy at all. For $2 per person, its hard to complain too much. I'm not sure I would go back, though.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We made a special effort to find this winery on our way through Oregon to Sonoma, California. The wines that were available for tasting were, for the most part, quite lovely. However, sadly there were few wines open for tasting resulting in very little choice. Most unfortunate.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The wine here is my favorite in the area. The patio is okay to sit around on with some friends, but inside feels a little odd and not so cozy or welcoming. There are views of the pond through the trees, but I would mostly come here if I had a goal of buying wine. They have great prices, and their tasting is pretty comprehensive so you can be sure you're getting your favorite.