“A wonderful New & Second-Hand Bookshop!”

No photo provided
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Graton, CA
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“A wonderful New & Second-Hand Bookshop!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Eugene is a fine little community thanks to the immense University of Oregon nearby, and one of the true delights of a "college town" is the prevalence of bookshops like this one. We're talking real books here -- books on PAPER, not CDs or silly electronic doodads. Its aisles are bursting with volumes, both clothbound and paperback, and I defy anyone over the age of eight not to find a book to their liking if they would just hunt long enough. The staff is young, nerdy-hip, knowledgeable and very helpful. The prices are very reasonable.

Their sister store, on Willamette Avenue about half a block from the Eugene Amtrak station, is even better. Stacks of books, piles of books, veritable mountains of books! I discovered this venue when, waiting for my train, I realized I didn't have a book to read for the journey. I thought I might just skip inside and pick something up, but there were SO MANY wonderful volumes in this tiny shop that I almost missed my departure! Worth a visit, even if you aren't taking the train somewhere. There are cool-looking cafés next door and across the street, the perfect spots to sit down and peruse your purchase.

Visited September 2013