“Great Thai Food, Great Price”
Review of Chao Pra Ya

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chao Pra Ya
Reserve with OpenTable
Chao Pra Ya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great food at an affordable price. I prefer Ta Ra Ren as it is a little bigger but this is a good lunch spot.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Used to be a very nice simple place. they remolded and made it look upscale Bistro. Price jumped up Food portions got smaller. A little extra rice now costs $.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I've been here twice now and once was forgettable and the other was memorable because it just wasn't very good. I ordered a dish that was pictured on the menu and when it arrived it was completely different from the picture and completely not authentic. The very friendly, helpful waitress switched it with something else that tasted pretty good, but definitely a unique take on another traditional dish. The flavors seem very tailored for American palettes that look for bland dishes that are overly sweet and spicy - not typical of real Thai food. The presentation was average and the freshness of some ingredients left room for improvement. The curry tasted like it was bought from the store. The worst part, I think the prices are a little more spendy than other Thai options in Eugene. For better alternatives try Ta Ra Rin or Sweet Basil.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Chao Pra Ya is my favorite Thai restaurant in Eugene. The service is always friendly and the portions of food are large. They have great lunch specials, too. The chicken phad thai is excellent, and my personal favorite. My husband always orders something spicy, and the spicy food is actually spicy. We eat there fairly often and have always enjoyed what we ordered. Everything is delicious.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I have tried many thai restaurant. Chao Pra Ya in our favorite in Eugene. Very low key, cafe-like feel inside,the service is always great. It isn't the "nicest" restaurant around but the food is amazing. We eat here a few times a month. Our favorites: Fried Wantons and Pad Ped.