“Superb food, helpful, friendly service”
Review of SweetWaters

SweetWaters
Reserve with OpenTable
SweetWaters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 710 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Valley River Drive
Transit: On LTD Bus Route, On Bike Path
Description: Take a seat at our restaurant in Eugene and enjoy a panoramic view of the Willamette River while enjoying breakfast, lunch, dinner or a glass of Willamette Valley pinot noir at SweetWaters. Our Chef has put his own spin on traditional Northwest favorites, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create seasonal menus to delight the most seasoned palate. Whether here to enjoy a candlelit dinner in our main dining room, a relaxed lunch on our outdoor patio, or cocktails with friends in the SweetWaters lounge, this is a Pacific Northwest dining experience not to be missed.
Reviewed March 28, 2017

My husband and I have eaten at Sweet Waters a number of times, and have brought family members. We love the food and the friendly service. We love sitting by the big windows with a great view of the river. Everything we've tried on the menu has been top notch! My favorite is the salmon salad. Wow! Thank you, Sierra!

Date of visit: March 2017
Avery P, Director of Food and Beverage at SweetWaters, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2017

Hello doloresb8,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your delicious salmon with such a great view on the riverfront at Sweetwater's on the river. Thank you acknowledging our server Sierra, I will be sure to relay the message to her as well. We look forward to your next visit.

Avery P.
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed March 24, 2017

This is not an inexpensive restaurant by Eugene standards, but is priced similar to a larger City. The great surprise, however, is that the food is presented well, and it is very very good. It is located in a hotel that is average quality but the restaurant would match up against good quality restaurants in downtown Portland. Good vegetarian fare. I tried the polenta and it was the best I had ever had. This is a restaurant that is worthy of "date night", as the food is good, and the view of the river is excellent. Like most places in Eugene, the dress standard is "northwest relaxed". I wore a sport coat and slacks with open collar, but others were there in jeans and casual wear shirts and every fit in. It is kid friendly as well. There is a ful service bar that you can eat in if you wish, and it still has the same great food and view.

Date of visit: March 2017
Avery P, Director of Food & Beverage at SweetWaters, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2017

Hello Ldcvsl,

Thank you for your review, I'm so glad you enjoyed our vegetarian fare, the polenta is to die for. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and loyalty as guest of Sweetwater on the river. We look forward to your next visit and may I suggest you try our fabulous Pecan Maple Waffles for breakfast. Those are my favorite if you can squeeze in some sweets!

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

Love it, the Calimari was divine. Service was great and fast. Refills on my beverage was constant and the draft beer selections were spot on. Have a citrus hop valley compliments the meal perfectly.

Yummygogo,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and loyalty as guest of Sweetwater on the river. We look forward to your next visit and may I suggest you try our fabulous Pecan Maple Waffles!

Reviewed March 19, 2017

Friendly efficient service, thank you Ally. Food was over the top.
Fish and chips/ Smoked brisket sandwich. Back soon.
Susan

Date of visit: March 2017
Avery P, Director of Food and Beverage at SweetWaters, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Dear Susan D.

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your Fish and Chips, We have quite a few raves on the batter and the fresh crisp it brings. Looking forward to your next visit and review.

Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

Job well done on the smashed breakfast potatoes Chef!!! Love the kids menu. Everything is amazing and the river is gorgeous. Quite calming atmosphere on a perfect Sunday morning. :)

Director of Food & Beverage

Been to SweetWaters? Share your experiences!