“Great Food With a Beautiful View”
Review of SweetWaters

SweetWaters
Reserve with OpenTable
SweetWaters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 669 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Valley River Drive
Transit: On LTD Bus Route, On Bike Path
Description: Take a seat at our restaurant in Eugene and enjoy a panoramic view of the Willamette River while enjoying breakfast, lunch, dinner or a glass of Willamette Valley pinot noir at SweetWaters. Our Chef has put his own spin on traditional Northwest favorites, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create seasonal menus to delight the most seasoned palate. Whether here to enjoy a candlelit dinner in our main dining room, a relaxed lunch on our outdoor patio, or cocktails with friends in the SweetWaters lounge, this is a Pacific Northwest dining experience not to be missed.
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

We always have at least one meal here when we come to stay @ Valley River Inn. The food is always great, whether it's breakfast, dinner, or dessert, the service is exceptional, and the atmosphere is cozy & beautiful. If it's a sunny day, you can watch the action going by on the river, and if it's cold & rainy, we love to sit by the fireplace in the bar with a cocktail!

Avery P, Director of Food and Beverage at SweetWaters, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2017

Dear Cupcakemama61,

Thank you so much for the kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal and service with us at SweetWater. It is our expectation that we deliver an exceptional experience riverside and we look forward to seeing you return to try out our many other offerings.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

I am in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend of 4.5 years now. I personally set this reservation up way back in December and nearly forgot about it till a lady from the restaurant called me the day before my reservation to confirm it. We were looking forward to it cause it was a special night for the both of us since we don't get to do things much together. We arrived a little early and they attended us to our table quickly The atmosphere was great and being seated early was awesome. However, that's all the good that came out of this place. After being seated we looked at the menu for two minutes before a waiter came by to ask us if we were ready. We asked for a little more time as we were deciding and we didn't know that a little more time would end up being 45 minutes. Both my boyfriend and myself were drinking water the entire time and ate the bread one of the attendants left us; who by all means did their job very well. Both of us saw other guests arrive after, get served before us and leave before us too. We were getting extremely upset because both of us were hungry as we waited all day to have a special dinner. In addition to that, multiple waiters saw us sitting there for the extended amount of time and haven't checked in on us till we had to ask the guy that kept refilling our waters to get someone for us. They took our order immediately following an apology, but even then the order took forever and had to wait another 45 minutes. Our reservation was at 8 and we left at 10. By the time we got our order, the angel hair pasta was burnt and parts of it were hard. The food was okay at its finest and at this point we just didn't want to eat anything as both of us were getting full from the water. They offered us free dessert but at this point we didn't want to take it because we were both afraid of waiting any longer. They gave us 50% off our and I believe the manager spoke to us and it was a very awkward interaction as it felt kind of insincere. All in all this place will definitely not be a future spot for us both to dine at as it will hold this memory.

Avery P, Director of Food and Beverage at SweetWaters, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Dear Mrs. cuckarocha,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to advise us of your recent experience. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to provide, maintain and where needed improve upon our service. I was very disappointed to read of your experience at the restaurant. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience, I do extend my sincerest apology. The level of service you received is not the norm nor acceptable and will be addressed with the staff. Again please accept my apology and I hope that this hasn't put you off from a return visit to our the restaurant.

Sincerest Regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2017

We were served by Drew on Valentine's Day, 2017. Great holiday menu, the food was excellent. Drew was very friendly, attentive and we had a very nice time. I have gone to this restaurant many times and it feels like it is coming back to its former glory. The booths though! My feet were dangling off the floor and being there so long, they were so asleep I had a hard time walking out of there! VERY clean restaurant; however, someday please rip out of all of those oak partitions and booths, leave the bones, make it all tables and make your gorgeous windows fold open! Love VRInn and we will start coming back!

Avery P, Director of Food and Beverage at SweetWaters, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Dear Holly,

Here at SweetWaters, we strive to provide our guests with a deeply rewarding experience, your remarks about our former glory is also quite encouraging. Hurry back soon!

Sincerely

Reviewed February 14, 2017

They had a special menu for Valentines Day. I wasn't that special and the prices were high but I will have to admit the food was great. My wife and I frequently share a meal because we're not that big of eaters so we went for the Surf and Turf. The filet was cooked perfectly and so was the lobster. The atmosphere was quiet and not too dark. I have to admit I have been to this restaurant many times over 20 years. There have always been some changes but it seems like they try to excel best they can. I can't finish without praising the hostesses and our server. Our server Michelle was always there at the right time and took great care of us. She was friendly, always with a smile. She even took a picture of my wife and me wit our cell phone. Don't want to leave out the young man filling our water glasses, let's just say we left plenty hydrated.

Dear Spelkey56!!

It sure sounds like your Valentines experience was a pleasant one. Thank you for sharing your deeply encouraging review of our helpful staff and noting Michelle as being an exceptional server. Your comments about our filet cooked perfectly is spot on as I have had it myself as well, and you can't go wrong with the flavor and temp. We appreciate your review and look forward to your return.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 14, 2017

The staff was very friendly and provided very good service. In fact were very attentive to insure that all of our needs were met. And, the food was excellently prepared and served in a timely manner.

Dear Michael D.

We appreciate the opportunity to leave you with such a pleasant and positive lasting impression of SweetWaters. Thank you for sharing your gracious assessment of our our restaurant. Please know we are grateful for your review, and look forward to your return.

AP

Been to SweetWaters? Share your experiences!