“ok”
Review of Marche

Marche
Reserve with OpenTable
Marche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 620 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: High & Pearl
Transit: City Bus Stop adjacent to Market
Description: Marche, located in Eugene, Oregon, opened in August 1998. The restaurant, which seats 80 guests, has an exhibition kitchen featuring a beautiful wood-fired oven. There is also a stylish bar and a large outdoor dining area, covered with awnings and umbrellas and surrounded by a garden of herbs and edible flowers. Marche takes its name from the French word for market – a word that describes our location in the bustling 5th street Market and more importantly, our philosophy of cooking. The menu is based on the foods one would find at a farmer’s market: fresh, seasonal, and regional. Marche is committed to using only those ingredients that are at their best, so our menu evolves as we move through the seasons of the year. Marche also believes in using the highest quality and most healthful ingredients available and to that end use organic, free range, and chemical free products. The culinary technique is French-based: intensely flavored and simply but beautifully presented.
“ok”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Prices tend to be high. Food quality-hit or miss. Service average.
Nice location you can wander around fifth street market before or after lunch or dinner.

Visited May 2013

“My Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am partial to French food, so this is a no-brainer. One side is a restaurant and the other side is a bar with small plates. The breakfasts in the bar side is excellent. There is nothing better than a plate of pan fried oysters and a glass of good wine. Perfect.

Visited March 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“worst dinning experience ever”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I planned my husbands surprise 30th birthday dinner to be at Marche's. I made the reservation for 12 people. I asked if It was ok to bring in a cake and candles, for his after dinner dessert; they said that was fine. The day of his birthday I went in to drop off that cake, the hostess asked me if I was informed of their "cake cutting fee" I said No, I was not. I explained, however, that the cake I brought in for him was a 6'' personal cake and did not need to be cut. She said ok, we will then charge you a flat rate for bringing in the cake, I of course said that was fine. I inquired the cost of the rate, as I had only spent 20$ on this tiny cake. She said she would confirm with her manager but it would not be more than 10$, I agreed. The dinner was coming to an end when Carlton brought out the cake, My husband blew out the candles, Happy Ending. WRONG He asked my husband If he wanted the cake cut, my husband said no,, He asked me if I would like a piece cut for myself I said no thank-you. I walked around the table to talk with a friend and when I returned the cake was gone?? I asked my husband "where did your cake go"? He said the waiter asked if I wanted it cut, again!! So I let him. I was furious. You should never have to say no 3 times!! He brought the cake out and served a tiny triangle piece to each one of my 12 guests. when I got the bill, they had charged me 4$ a slice to cut this cake, that was only intended for my husband. Instead my husband got a small sliver of this 20$ cake I had bought for him. I paid the bill and decided to call the next day. I got a manager on the phone (he never told me his name) I explained the situation, said I was not calling to get my money back simply to say as a first time customer, that expierence left a sour taste in my mouth, and when a coustomer says no, that means no. The respnse I recieved was, and I quote.. " If you think about each one of our desserts at 8-10$ a piece and multiply that by 12, that's how much money you lost us. He told me "That's the language we speak!! "I'll relay this message to my GM and if she doesn't get back to you than try again later!!! Now, I was mad. You don't ever treat a customer like that, esspecially when they drp 170$ on dinner for 2!! I recieved a call from Elizabeth the GM, saying I heard you didn't know about the cake cutting fee, I'll be more than happy to refund you the money. I still didn't want my money back I wanted to explain to the what had happened, and now also, how I had been treated.. Called back, no respnse, called back the next day left a message, nothing.. called back the next day, the hostess said she is really busy can I take a message? When I told her my name she said "Oh, yes"! Let me get your information so I can get the money back on that card, this has been going on for a while.. I gave her my info... it's been a week and the money STILL isn't back on my card. I work at a very well known surgery center up in the OR. The surgeons have their recruiting meetings at Marche's, after I told a few of them my experience.. They moved they're monthly meetings to another locations. You talk about me "losing" YOU money? there you go! Word of mouth is HUGE in this town. Every single person I tell this too is appalled and will never go back there again. So I rate them terrible.

• Visited May 2013
8 Thank JWL30_13
“Could be in Portland”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Marche' is chic, modern and serves fabulous food. It's the best in Eugene. Could be in San Francisco or even Portland. A must stop.

• Visited May 2013
Lewistown, PA
“Astonishing bar, superb food”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I ate in the bar of Marche. I've never seen a bar menu like it. Classic and unusual cocktails; wines I'd never heard of; beers I'd never heard of. When I ordered one of the wines, the bartender smoothly convinced me to have another as a better pairing. The fried oysters were the best I've ever had. After dessert, the bartender complemented me with a liqueur I'd never heard of. . All in all, a superb experience, A restaurant not to be missed.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Marche? Share your experiences!