“Oregon Electric Station, Eugene OR”

Oregon Electric Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Oregon Electric Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 620 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Oregon Electric Station is a national historic landmark featuring antique railroad cars for dining. Oregon Electric Station is committed and dedicated to quality of product, ambience, and hospitality. Our menus are globally inspired and artistically crafted, striving to use organic, sustainable and locally sourced ingredients. We are known for our Prime Rib, fresh seafood, homemade pasta, and vegetarian entrees. In addition, we have a wine list of 250 selections and live music on weekends.
Pleasant Hill, OR
“Oregon Electric Station, Eugene OR”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The restaurant is located in old train cars so that is interesting and different. We had a party of 7 and the service was really good. The food was good but not spectacular; I had prime rib and it was pretty tasty although I've actually had better. My food wasn't really hot which is a deal breaker for me. I want my hot food hot! Everyone else seemed ok with their meals and cleaned their plates. I do remember the food being better a few years back but it's still a fun place to go.

• Visited January 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Unique spot”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Perfect place for something different. Restaurant itself is rather cool as it was an old train station of some sort. Food was decent but I could see it being hit or miss as there was some odd choices on the menu. We played it safe with onion rings and artichoke and crab dip appetizers while having the prime rib for dinner, all which were solid. Highlight of the meal was the server, she was on top of everything and was uber friendly. She definitely made the meal for us.

• Visited January 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“So-so”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here this week. The decor is cool -- this place was a terminal for electric trains, originally, and they've retained the original structure, for the most part. The food could be better. I was not favorably impressed when I picked up my waterglass and found it covered in a fine grit -- the kind from a dishwasher that hasn't had its filter changed for a while. One glass, not a big deal. But my husband's water glass, both of our wine glasses, and our bread plates had similar deposits of crust. I mentioned this to the waitress, who was appropriately embarrassed, and she replaced our table settings with cleaner items. So. We ordered the steak medallions Diane. The gravy, which should have been fresh, tasted like something out of a jar. For $26.95, I expect better. I won't be in a hurry to revisit this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MaryJZemper
“Cool old building, forgettable food”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant is in some old train cars near the train station. It is a beautiful old building with brick walls and high ceilings. It has a large parking lot and outdoor seating in the summer. Unfortunately, the food is mediocre at best. I recently had lunch there and was quite disappointed. First of all, the menu was mainly bar food, so I had a hard time finding something I wanted. My salad was limp, as if it had been dressed the day before and kept in the refrigerator. My tater tots were barely cooked, so absolutely not crisp as they should have been. In the past I have ordered fish, which smelled fishy, which is not a good sign. We finished our lunch and were talking, but the waitress didnt come to clear our plates . Its too bad a nice restaurant like this has such disappointing food.

• Visited December 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
“NO...Not nearly what it used to be”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The food, outdated and not what it once was. They need a revamp, interior, menu, etc. Nothing felt or tasted fresh, and we certainly won't be back.

Visited September 2013