“Great food and Margi's”
Review of Belly Taqueria

Belly Taqueria
Ranked #123 of 627 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish, Fusion
Description: One of the top eats in Eugene, OR.
Description: One of the top eats in Eugene, OR.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice little Mexican place - I had the Mole, it was very good. Also tried the Grilled Watermelon Feta salad - very unusual and good - it had a nice Chipolte sauce with toasted pumpkin seeds. The Margi's were good and the price was very reasonable. I will go again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

To me anytime you have to opportunity to enjoy a true culinary adventure one should go for it! Eating at Belly is just such an opportunity. While visiting family in Eugene we were treated to dinner at Belly. They seated us in a lovely private alcove. The atmosphere is truly eclectic. This establishment could give lessons on great service. The food. One of our favorites was the scotch egg appetizer. Lovely and delicious. Their menu is good basic food with an upscale twist. I do not think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. This was an anniversary celebration for my brother and his wife. They will remember it fondly and who knows, maybe a new tradition was started. Thank you Belly.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Loved the margs and the green chili and black bean quesadilla. The salads were super fresh and the red snapper prepared to perfection. Our compliments to the chef! The flan is worth the visit all by itself!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had high hopes for this place when I saw the line out the door. The place was packed and only seemed one waitress was working. We ordered take out and received food very quickly. The food was very very mediocre. The pork carnitas taco was very salty and the chicken ones were okay but only gave us one corn tortillas for each taco so everything feel apart when trying to pick up the tacos. Even a taco truck gives you two corn tortillas. The taro fritta (sp?) was gross and nobody would eat it. The oil it was fried in was old and burnt and there was absolutely no taste to the fritta at all so it was just gummy. The fist tacos were in the same burnt gross oil and I really don't think there was any fish in the taco. We looked but I am sure it was just breading. The saving grace was the warm tortilla chips. If i lived in Eugene I would probably come back and try again. But next time in town I will find somewhere else to go. Sad, because I really wanted to like the place.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Not nearly up to it's Broadway Sister's quality. Sure, food was solid but service was fair at best and far too cool/aloof: come on guys, it's a taquiera!