“Great food and atmosphere.”

Glenwood Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Glenwood is in the University area and is well placed and priced. The food is fresh and original. The Eggs Benedict is sensational and the Hollandaise sauce is made from scratch.
The Californian BLT has avocado and tastes wonderful.
The all day breakfast is a work of beauty and their omelettes are wonderful.
As you can gather I am a fan but in a country of pre made heated from frozen Food served by franchises this is refreshing and delicious.

1  Thank Pasty9

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We were tooling around doing school-related stuff, it was getting late and hungry. We didn't want fast food, so tried the Glenwood, which is near the northwest corner of campus. It was a pretty good Patty Melt - nice juicy burger, cooked to order - and the bread was a good whole grain wheat, toasted nicely.

I really liked the ambiance and the look of the place - it felt very homey and mellow. Despite its immediate proximity to school, it also felt far away from the hustle-bustle of one-way streets around campus and my kid's stress around midterms. The atmosphere and setting pushed my rating up to four stars.

2  Thank NYCbacktoLAhooray
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Our niece is a graduate student and in a recent visit suggested the Glennwood for breakfast. They have a great variety of menu selections, and the three items we chose were all yummy. I would come back here again. The place was uncrowded on a weekday morning, and we had excellent service.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

There are two Glenwood Restaurants in Eugene and I very much like them both (they have the same menu). I almost always order the Cobb salad which has the option of salmon (which I always order instead of the chicken). It is a very good salad--generous bacon bits, blue cheese and salmon. Service is friendly and very welcoming. What I like about the Glenwood near the campus is the outdoor garden seating which on a warm, sunny day cannot be beat. What is harder is that parking is at a premium on campus (pay parking on the street or in a lot) and it can be very crowded with students, faculty etc. When school is out there are no downsides as far as I am concerned. For a less scholastic, funky feel the Glenwood on south Willamette is very nice with free parking and fewer crowds but the same good service and great menu. Oh, I didn't mention the wonderful grilled cheese sandwiches (and I always ask for a pickle) and the superb tomato-basil bisque.

1  Thank jdkegel
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Without doubt, the best egg dishes we have had in Eugene. Great ambience, superb service and, oh the hash brown potatoes. The coffee is is excellent for a breakfast/lunch place.