“Good BBQ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I ate here recently and enjoyed my meal (see photo). I thought the prices were a bit high for this area, then my plate arrived and I was pleasantly surprised at how much food there was. Ribs and sides were good, the chicken was just OK. Atmosphere is an old fast food joint, but they do have a big screen television.

• Visited June 2013

“Mighty Good!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Best BBQ I've had in this century, and really cost a lot less than I thought it would. The green beans are a "must have".

Visited April 2013
“Southern Home Cooking”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

First, the bad part: Two (2) televisions going, volume up, at the same time. This is a small room (formerly a Taco Time fast food joint) and it was really unpleasant to be bombarded with noise. However, our service was lovely. The cook/owner (or perhaps the owner's son?) was sweet and helpful. Our food came fast, fresh, and hot.

I'm something of a cornbread connoisseur, and this was good cornbread. Not as good as my own, but still delicious. They serve it as a small muffin; it really should be larger. I tried the collard greens, and they were well cooked. The brisket I had was fabulous: moist, tender, and reasonably lean. I tasted the ribs, too, and they were delicious.

H & H has gotten very mixed reviews, especially of their service. This is unfortunate, because I hope they stay in business. Eugene needs good southern barbecue and soul food, and H & H does it well. My experience was lovely, but I'm worried that they are driving people away with inconsistent service. Although I had a nice time there, when I patronize them again I'll probably get take-out. I can't stand the TVs.

• Visited November 2012
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We just tried to eat our dinner and were very disappointed in contrast to previous visits. We had chicken and ribs, mac/cheese, greens and redbeans/rice. If it wasn't too sweet, it was too salty. My tongue burned from all the salt in the greens. Ribs were hard and chicken was dry. What has happened to the great place we had been to before? Sad, but we won't be going back. Trash got most of our dinner...:-(

• Visited December 2012
Full Time Rv
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Soul Food!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited H&H on Friday about 4:00 pm. Wide selection of BBQ meats, catfish and all types of side dishes. All you can eat catfish on Fridays after 4:00 pm.

I had the catfish with collard greens and fried okra. This fish was fried, not greasy at all, tender and flavorful. The greens were great; although just a tad salty for me. The okray was outstanding.

The only drawback is that the staff seems rather disjointed in the operation. Hopefully that will tighten up in time. We will go back again.

• Visited October 2012