“attractive setting, wonderful food”
Review of Ox and Fin - CLOSED

Ox and Fin
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Next to Talbots in the Heritage Courtyard at Oakway Center
Transit: Bus stop at Oakway Center
Description: Ox & Fin welcomes you to savor exquisitely prepared, locally sourced meals served in an elegant, inviting atmosphere. The best of the northwest with an Italian flair, our creative, high-quality dishes offer the elegant urban dining experience of the finest metropolitan steak houses - right here in Eugene.
Brick, New Jersey
“attractive setting, wonderful food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a very elegant restaurant with modern, very tasteful decor. It even opens to the outside court so I am motivated to come back in warmer weather. We were three diners and our waitress was very helpful in assisting us with our choices to insure a pleasant dining experience. We settled on one appetizer, three salads and three entrees and that was perfect. The burrrata mozzarella was as wonderful as the ones I enjoyed in Italy. If I had a recommendation I would prefer a heartier bread to pair with the cheese as opposed to the light bread they serve. The salads were of a good size and well prepared. In fact, the beet salad with a light cheese dressing and toasted hazelnuts may have been the best salad I have ever enjoyed!
The waitresss said the kitchen couuld adjust the puttanesca's spiciness and they did to create a dish that was thoroughly enjoyed. The pasta with fennel sausage was wonderfully flavorful as was the braised lamb. We did not try any desserts

Wine by the glass and beers were good but I wished we had tried one of the well described cocktails, oh well, another reason to return to a delightful restaurant

Eugene, Oregon
“Top Ten in Eugene”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Three visits here over the course of the last three months lead me to believe that Ox and Fin is one of Eugene's best offerings: the food is consistently good and they obviously have a talented kitchen staff who cares about both the food and the presentation. The only 'mild' complaint is that during two of my three visits the wait staff have disappeared at times leaving my parties to grab another waiter's attention for service: however, overall that short term lapse in service is manageable. Nice atmosphere for business or pleasure, too.

• Visited March 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Absurdly low rating”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Even given the obvious apples and oranges character of this forum's rating list, there's no way Ox and Fin can be legitimately ranked behind some 100 other eateries in Eugene. Au contraire this gourmet restaurant has to be among the ten best places to dine here.

Everything about Ox&Fin is high quality. The decor is attractive and restful. The staff is friendly and helpful. And the food is excellently prepared and presented. Both my wife's and my steaks were excellent--and the portions were so large that we both had to ask for a doggy bag.

• Visited February 2013
Bandon
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very nice atmosphere, attentive staff. Food pretty good, my steak was cooked perfectly I thought the herb seasoning took some the natural steak flavor away. Trout was deemed good as was the ceasar salad was good, our only real iffy meal was the cod fillet was thought to be a little to salty.
But all this being said I would probably try this restaurant again

• Visited February 2013
“Great service, full portions, wonderful Super Tuscan”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Waiter was very helpful in recommending portion sizes. Great atmosphere, very good food, and an attentive staff!

• Visited January 2013